Gibson Brands Forums

Just a pic of my acoustic herd

MorrisrownSal

The Boxcar cheapie Gretsch is great by the way.

Anyways this is my herd, less the J45 out on loan. When I get her back the Farida will go on the outside wall, and the J45 will take the Farida's spot, and the Boxcar will go back in the case, since i rarely use her. I reach for the D18 and J50 most often, but actually the D15 and Bird also get picked up a few times a week. The Farida is what goes with me to sloppy places, and I always bring her anyways as a backup, and in case some in the audience want to come up and pick with us. The stickers are not stylistic... they are on top of a humidity crack :)

By the way the Farida sounds pretty damn good with that M80, as well as unplugged. She should - She cost $379 and I out that much into her for repairs. She is pretty robust except for the top crack, which is closed, but tends to open up sometimes. Its not cleated....

03vrxFLh.jpg

I hadn't thrown up a photo in a while... Some of you have swapped a few in the last two years? what you got?

And yes if DaveF or TPB post it will be a treat of course!

By the way, there used to be a guy here... maybe from Alabama? who had this amazing picture of three vintage Gibson slopes near a piano... what a picture that was...

I hadn't thrown up a photo in a while...

I notice the Bird takes the middle, command position. msp_smile.gif

Some of you have swapped a few in the last two years? what you got?

I put a couple on the block to fund my Songwriter 12....

son513-2.jpg

They use to say - "After High School - kids go off to college not believing how dumb their parents are. Four years later, they come home and can't believe how smart their parents got while they were away."

Not sure it still holds true.

They use to say - "After High School - kids go off to college not believing how dumb their parents are. Four years later, they come home and can't believe how smart their parents got while they were away."

Not sure it still holds true.

That is a paraphrase of a quote often attributed (probably incorrectly though) to Mark Twain - When I was 14 my father was so ignorant I could not hardly stand having him around. When I got to be 21 I was astonished at how much he had learned.

My last one starts in two weeks Murph. She is terrified... trying to keep her grounded. Wants to stay home forever.

You must have been one of those nice parents. My 2 (daughter starting 3rd year of college and my son getting ready to join the Navy) want nothing to do with me till they need something, like money.

Not the whole lot but a sampling of some of the bursts (ignore the Kay bass in the background as well as the Martin case which houses a D12-28 belonging to da' wife). The oldest in the bunch was birthed in 1935 and the baby around 1965.

Bursts_4_A.jpg

That CF100. Got turned on to it via Jackson Brown and the Wood Brothers. GAS

My last one starts in two weeks Murph. She is terrified... trying to keep her grounded. Wants to stay home forever.

Mine isn't the scared one.

It's ME who is nearly terrified. We move her in next week, it's only 1 hour away but I'm worried about the car, the printer, the laptop, hell everything EXCEPT her...

1533684401[/url]' post='1949322']

Mine isn't the scared one.

It's ME who is nearly terrified. We move her in next week, it's only 1 hour away but I'm worried about the car, the printer, the laptop, hell everything EXCEPT her...

Sounds like a good independent gal... raised strong. Good on ya.

Ok, ok........I can see my attempt at a bit of humor was not well received........my bad. So here's what I've got, acoustically speaking.....the 35 sporting the Sunrise that now resides with Jinder......

KTACplt.jpg

The grain on that J45 (?) is beautiful!

Archived