Gibson Brands Forums

Hmmmmmmm!

vacamartin

Is that a-ss clown still working as CEO?

Henry did indeed save Gibson, built Bozeman, and kept Gibson guitars "Made In U.S.A." for many decades.

I doubt the next bunch will do the same.

I hope so, but I have my doubts.

I”ll do it!

I have some plans, ha ha ha.

It will be tough taking over a sinking ship, some sadist will get the job I suppose. Otherwise, pick me!

First order of business - one model only of J45, L-00, SJ200..... one Les Paul. Cut pays in half. Lose Marketing Dept. Give myself pay rise! [biggrin]

Never lie on your resume! See this:

https://dms.licdn.com/playback/C5605AQFXzsLOx6u8ZA/cc6c32be2bc649a8b6f493617fa57664/feedshare-mp4_3300-captions-thumbnails/1507940147251-drlcss?e=1533783600&v=beta&t=7x4FcvXSdbcELRU6IR9EuPv-ucJwitZ7oiP13IoAXqk

BluesKing777.

name calling is so small bud, you sound angry...H saved gibson as I recall, orville started it

And then almost ruined it. Remember he did not even call Gibson a guitar company anymore he called Gibson a Lifestyle Brand. F-U and all your 17 extra companies you needed to acquire due to greed. I said I would take over as CEO. I'm qualified to make rotten decisions like anyone else. The Acoustic guys did not have that excellent electronic tuner shoved down their throat in 2015 like the electric guys did. Everything about what I hear is that Bozeman is the best run part of the company. I remember when I was a kid and saw Jimmy Page rocking a LP and man I wanted one bad. Now we got over 100 LP models, and every models comes in at least 15 different flavors, I'm not talking colors. True Vintage, Vintage, Aged Vintage, VOS, Standard, Studio, Sig Models, Traditional, This Burst, That Burst, Custom, Historic, Modern, HP, T, Elite, Lite, Deluxe, Limited, Regal, Anniversary, Avant Garde, Antique, Special, Quilt, New Vintage (now there's a contradiction), Deluxe Standard, Special Edition, Legend and I probably missed a few it got exhausting.

LP TradPro2 = Since you became a member right around the same time a couple of members were banned for relentless, obscene personal attacks (which happened to be on the Gibson CEO) - you may not have been aware of the divisiveness posts like that can cause. One of the members as I recall never owned a Gibson acoustic and only bought Gibson electrics when they were used. Few of us on this particular forum would be attracted to the Iguana Jumbo - but we respect the right of Gibson to make them and a different group of customers to buy them .

And then almost ruined it. Remember he did not even call Gibson a guitar company anymore he called Gibson a Lifestyle Brand. F-U and all your 17 extra companies you needed to acquire due to greed. I said I would take over as CEO. I'm qualified to make rotten decisions like anyone else. The Acoustic guys did not have that excellent electronic tuner shoved down their throat in 2015 like the electric guys did. Everything about what I hear is that Bozeman is the best run part of the company. I remember when I was a kid and saw Jimmy Page rocking a LP and man I wanted one bad. Now we got over 100 LP models, and every models comes in at least 15 different flavors, I'm not talking colors. True Vintage, Vintage, Aged Vintage, VOS, Standard, Studio, Sig Models, Traditional, This Burst, That Burst, Custom, Historic, Modern, HP, T, Elite, Lite, Deluxe, Limited, Regal, Anniversary, Avant Garde, Antique, Special, Quilt, New Vintage (now there's a contradiction), Deluxe Standard, Special Edition, Legend and I probably missed a few it got exhausting.

you do know your forum name is a model created under H dont you ? and Im sure if you took over no one would be buying nuttin also drop yer foul language and name calling

Is that a-ss clown still working as CEO?

Say what you will about Henry J. had he not stepped up more than likely that Lester in your avatar would have been made in China. The company which nabbed Gibson from Norlin in a hostile takeover had all but ceased building guitars and quickly put the music division, which had never recovered from the mid-1970s recession, on the chopping block. Henry bought a company that had pre-tax losses of more than it was worth and turned it around. Had he left it at that things might have turned out quite a bit differently than they did.

Sorry that I posted this update. I don't like to see opinions turn into altercations. Henry is what he is, his work has been for the good and bad. The acoustic division is excellent, as is the electric. In this *Golden Age* of guitars, we are very fortunate to have an American company forging ahead with a great pedigree. Hope Gibson gets the help it needs so that all of us can continue to enjoy the iconic name and tone of "The Gibson ";msp_thumbup.gif

Sorry that I posted this update. I don't like to see opinions turn into altercations. Henry is what he is, his work has been for the good and bad. The acoustic division is excellent, as is the electric. In this *Golden Age* of guitars, we are very fortunate to have an American company forging ahead with a great pedigree. Hope Gibson gets the help it needs so that all of us can continue to enjoy the iconic name and tone of "The Gibson ";msp_thumbup.gif

Hey man I meant nothing toward you

Is of interest to us all

We’ll be rich by the time we add up all the tuppence worths is all I meant

Henry acknowledged at the start of going public, new leadership would be installed and he'd be stepping down. I absolutely think he was successful in dragging the company back in to viability. Ultimately some missteps were made under his leadership, but really, it's just part of the risks in running and more importantly, growing any business model. Some ideas work, some don't. What he tried didn't work. He admitted it, and he's moving on. We really should all do the same.

Don't see why people dislike someone they only know from newspaper accounts and the crap on the internet. Is anyone here a close, personal friend to Henry, or even an acquaintance? Glad I'm not the CEO of something. My flaws are pretty-well-hidden. I can only imagine what people would think of me if the truth was known and then hyped/exaggerated/fabricated on the internet. I'm glad he led Gibson out of the dark and back to where it belonged. Like him or not, they're making some super guitars....Everything comes to an end. Most every CEO moves-on to other things, just like those of us who are not CEOs. Glad I've got a flock of Gibsons during his era at the helm. Hoping the next CEO doesn't drag Gibson back to another Norlin era.

Archived