Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson les paul 2005 special double cut.

AJ Ray

Love and have one myself... Lovely slim fast neck, growly bitey pickups and much better upper fret access than a LP single cut..

Highly recommended if you like slim necks and P90s.

This is my one

YhxQzOF.jpg

Well, a Billy Corgan Strat was made between 2008 and 2012, and is now worth, depending upon condition:

Mint $1,200

Excellent + $950

Excellent $800

Very Good + $675

Very Good $575

Good $500

It's a Strat, with unique features, and if you are a Smashing Pumpkins fan, you will covet and hang onto this guitar.

A Les Paul Double-Cutaway Special, made in 2005, is just a kick-*** guitar.

It harkens back to earlier days for me, and is sonically as different from the Corgan guitar as is a popsicle from a bowl of cheesy grits.

It's worth, also depending upon condition:

Mint $1,350

Excellent + $1,075

Excellent $875

Very Good + $675

Very Good $550

Good $450

Me, I would have to hold both of them and play them.

And then the one that sang to me would be mine.

[tongue]

There are 2 different LP Special DC's. The Les Paul Special Double Cut (gloss finish) some of which have the wrap around bridge, that is worth a little bit more, or one like mine a 2004 Faded Les Paul Special Double Cut that the finish glossed up a bit over time. Either way great playing guitars with unrestricted fret access all the way to fret 22. Oh! Both of these the neck joins the body at fret 22.

There is also a shorter neck version that the neck joins the body after fret 20 with fret 21 and 22 farther inboard..

MwXowem.jpg

Archived