Gibson Brands Forums

Rock and Roll Heart

MorrisrownSal

Hey guys. This may not be a deep song, but it is upbeat, and it is one of a few new ones for our set next week. Its an easy song, and while I was learning it I thought I would record it on the Bird - it is a strummer song. Hope you like it?

By the way the Bird has D'Addario Nickel Bronze lights, and I recorded this on my iphone and Apogee MIC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO6BZiFo20Y

That should go well with the crowd! Very nice. Rock n’ Roll is supposed to be dying, by the way. So you're actually doing a culturally important deed by playing that song. Personally I much prefer 57 Chevys and rock n' roll to EDM and Subarus...

Lars

Very nice, Sal. I wish I could sing like that. I spent hours yesterday trying to get to that neighborhood, like in your verse. If I get anywhere close, it sounds like some chemically imbalanced Lucille Ball impersonator crying over butterflies and pretty sunsets.

And the 'bird is sounding VERY warm/sweet. What a versatile lady you got there. [thumbup]

Thanks guys...

There are songs I love to listen to and play (i.e. Greg Brown and half the other finds you all introduce me to here), and there are songs that people know and want to sing in the audience. I am trying to find a balance - i.e. sing something like this but sidestep Wunderwall...

Thank goodness, it's been too long since a Sal Song - and this didn't disappoint. I know the song, felt the nostalgia and got to tapping my foot... at the very start was thinking it was the beginning of 'bay ridge mile' - a song among others from folks of the forum that come up on my sound cloud play list.

Hey Femme...

I bought this bird of off forum member nid2007 its a 2012 Hummingbird TV....

Thanks

Need to hunt for a 2012 o prior to that year, a few months ago i tried a 2017 at a local guitar shop but it didnt sound right, something was missing

i will go to Guitar center this weekend but most probably they will only have new ones msp_crying.gif

Need to hunt for a 2012 o prior to that year, a few months ago i tried a 2017 at a local guitar shop but it didnt sound right, something was missing

i will go to Guitar center this weekend but most probably they will only have new ones msp_crying.gif

That’s just strings , dead guitar on a hanger

Maybe , don’t write anything off with five minutes of playing

Archived