Gibson Brands Forums

Step Inside This House cover

rbpicker

Hi Sal, thanks for your specific points made in your feedback. I appreciate hearing that from a veteran performer and poster. Yeah, the new 45 is trying hard to earn a spot in the barn, having heard all the blah blah from me about it's predecessor . I do need to work harder at posting...it's hard, cause us retired guys are busy.

62burst, thanks for listening and posting your feedback. I'm glad you liked the song. Yeah, a couple wrong words popped out here and there. Of course, as I get older, that happens more often than it used to.

Walker and BBG....Thanks guys for listening and taking the time to give me your reaction. You never know when you throw one out there, how it's gonna come across. I'm pleased you both liked it.

Rb

Oh man, I'd give a up a limb to sing and play like that. My right leg is no good after a herniated disc anyway [biggrin]

Very, very good! I know of Guy Clark and Lyle Lovett too, but I've never heard that song. It's beautiful.

I'd very much like to hear more songs!

Lars

Oh my that is a perfect delivery of a fabulous song. I read the Guy Clark book where he talked about not liking this one, then looked up Lyle's version. Thought it was very good but yours goes right to the heart of this song. More more more ...

Wow, thanks so much Lars, billroy, Mr Paul, and bluesguy for the kind feedback.

I’ve loved this song for many years and really do “get into it” because of the great story it tells. I’ve got the guy’s “house” pictured in my mind when I sing it. Isn’t it funny how lyrics can draw you into somebody else’s world like that?

I appreciate your responses.

Rb

Neat version. The only Guy Clark song I have ever covered was Dublin Blues. I just love that song and worked with a singer who also loved it. My favorite Guy Clark line ever though remains "Only two things that money can't buy. That's true love and homegrown tomatoes." Ain't that the truth.

Zombiewolf and play4him, thanks for taking the time to check out my post.. I’m finding a lot of Guy Clark fans everywhere I go, it seems. He was so quiet and laid back, he didn’t get the credit he deserved in the mainstream.

Rb

Missouri picker, wow, thanks so much for the reaction to the song. I just hope Guy isn’t planning to get me when I join up with him 😳. Thanks for taking time to listen.

Murph.... yeah, I don’t think the song ever got a lot of attention, certainly not in the mainstream. It’s a good one, and I’m glad you liked my attempt at it.. listen to Lyles version foe a real treat.

Rb

Archived