Gibson Brands Forums

For Sale: Farida OT22 (Gibson LG2 copy) w/ Baggs M1A, Bluechip pick, new HSC, souldier strap, strings, dampit

MorrisrownSal

Hi... I just bought a new gigging guitar, so this one is for sale. Here is the whole package (with new prices)

Farida OT22 ($423)

Hard Shell arch case. ($89)

Gator Gig bag ($25)

Baggs M1A with professionally drilled endpin. ($189)

Custom Batwing pickguard. ($60)

Souldier Custom Strap ($35)

Blue Chip TP48 ($35)

Dr Sunbeams PB Lights ($6)

Dampit. ($15)

Total = $877

It has a repaired top crack done professionally at Russo's in Asbury Park, as I left it hanging in my office last year unhumidified. Lesson learned. Permanently fixed and stable. You can kind of see it in one of the pictures of the top below.

This might just be my most comfortable guitar to play. It is a fantastic guitar at nearly any price, and certainly in my opinion at its price level. This one is the 1 11/16 nut. And for the uninitiated, this is a Gibson LG2 copy.

Elderly Specs are here: https://www.elderly.com/farida-old-town-series-ot-22-acoustic-guitar-ot22.htm

This is a model custom made overseas per Elderly specs fyi.

I am selling for $450 shipped CONTUS - payment by cash or check. $400 if you pick it up in Chatham NJ. I don't know what else to say... ANy questions please ask. My email is salarnuk at gmail dot com.

Here is a video I made when I bought it:

Here are pictures I took this morning.

aT14ztnl.jpg

mn5Dptfl.jpg

RB8btCvl.jpg

ACoza5Jl.jpg

ZBTxBIMl.jpg

KsjZf34l.jpg

BS8ip4Sl.jpg

CzA98NHl.jpg

NSbPLoTl.jpg

Ah if you weren't half a world away I might consider that

Bargain

To own a guitar that was once played by Sal would be cool

What has replaced it ??

You are totally effing with me brother...

It's a great guitar fir little coin anyways...

Regarding the replacement gigger... its a name that cant be uttered on this forum... you know Harry Potter and all.

So I picked up a demo Taylor 220ce-Koa Deluxe.

I am looking at it as I type. Real Pretty...

I bought it for what I consider a fantastic price, but it needs a setup, and I am not enamored enough to do all the driving to get it done.

It will go back...

So the ad for my LG2 is now dead please. I will keep it.

Isn't worth the hassle of a hunt to replace it.

Cheers fellas...

Maybe I will see if a Martin GPC-15ME shows up used some time in the next year... The 15 series never disappoints me.

Or heck... maybe its about time I tried one of those cheaper new Gibsons... the HPs...

Anyways... fun for the winter months.

Well Sal,, I guess nothing ventured huh?

however,, I think I'd like to suggest that anything in the 100/200 series are not going to match what you'd find with the higher numbered series.

Of course, the price tag multiplies pretty fast.

I know how Taylors are viewed here, so I won't even try to sell anyone on something which has already been determined a no go. no big deal we all like and dislike what we like and dislike. I only will say that until you grab hold of a 500 or 800 series Taylor, you've not yet given yourself a chance to discover them. but as I say that, I would assume that you probably have..........

At least you didn't off the LG2 before you had a chance to reconsider.

I don’t think anyone really has a problem with Taylor’s.

It’s just a gibson forum and the gibson sound is what we all like the most.

Taylor’s are cool but they don’t sound like a gibson.

I’ve often considered a little 1 or 2 series to be used only for plugging in at gigs , they’re quite good at that aren’t they

perhaps BBG, I guess I get a different impression. Their build QC is pretty high. In the three I've owned, no problems beyond the right setups. My last pickup was a 514 Taylor nylon string. I have searched for the "right" nylon string for decades. This one ended the quest. Not the same as a steel string by any stretch but it's an excellent guitar.

The new bracing that they are pushing now does have me interested,, some of the 800 series (like the new 814ce) are looking a bit seductive to me lately....

Must...

resist...

I really have no problem whatsoever with Taylors, only considering the quality, playability, tone and looks. Thery are indeed fine guitars with their own tonality. However what I find them lacking in are the intangibles, such as heritage, coolness factor, character, tradition etc. With Gibson AND Martin, I personally feel I'm getting more than an instrument; I'm getting sort of a continuation of musical history. This is of course something that is impossible for Taylor to build into their guitars today, but if they keep focusing on producing great instruments it will surely come in due time.

Lars

Archived