Gibson Brands Forums

Where’s Anne

blindboygrunt

Less forum more life ain’t a bad thing I’m guessing...

True, Dat.

And, this ain't a real high traffic area these days either.

I like a small group but we're a bunch of old farts with not much to say...….

[biggrin]

I like a small group but we're a bunch of old farts with not much to say...….

[biggrin]

Hey, watch it! I resemble that remark...........Just waiting for topics that kind of call my name. I ain't got much to say on anything involving electronics or tech stuff---primarily because I don't know much about it.....This is a "no pressure, no bull" forum with folks who would rather talk than argue over things. All the topics are good, but some are better than others. Yeah, like to see Anne back in here. She does have some newer stuff on SoundCloud. Sounds as good as ever. Anyway, I read most everything and if I can be witty I'll respond to half of them. [thumbup]

Have the feeling she peeps in once in a while and thinks, "okay, not much moving right now, let the boyz circulate. ."

I also believe AnneS will return when the code is right. It's like one of those plants where you can't predict the next flower.

And I'm stone sure she's still plays/sings/writes, , , maybe by a lower flame at the moment. Such phase can occur after making a record.

Hey, watch it! I resemble that remark...........Just waiting for topics that kind of call my name. I ain't got much to say on anything involving electronics or tech stuff---primarily because I don't know much about it.....This is a "no pressure, no bull" forum with folks who would rather talk than argue over things. All the topics are good, but some are better than others. Yeah, like to see Anne back in here. She does have some newer stuff on SoundCloud. Sounds as good as ever. Anyway, I read most everything and if I can be witty I'll respond to half of them. [thumbup]

Couldn't have said it better☺

Anyone in contact with Anne ?

Hope you’re alright ignore yer out there

Aussie as well. Where’d he go?

Im still around but more lurking and posting the odd comment and recording, busy with many things going on but havent forgotten about the forum. When timing is right ill get back to more regular scheduling, it all goes in waves ...

• 2 weeks later...

Have the feeling she peeps in once in a while and thinks, "okay, not much moving right now, let the boyz circulate. ."

I also believe AnneS will return when the code is right. It's like one of those plants where you can't predict the next flower.

And I'm stone sure she's still plays/sings/writes, , , maybe by a lower flame at the moment. Such phase can occur after making a record.

Well, hello friends--hope I didn't worry anybody.

Em7 speaks it...it's all happening at a lower flame and has been for awhile. And I've been wondering about said "phase"--and how long it's known to last. I have been popping in for regular looks from my phone, though (where I'm apparently signed out) and, so, I have been creeping about.

All kinds of other things have been keeping me from playing much--new work duties have swamped my weekday hours, my dad is in hospice and on his final watch. Frankly, I'm not sure how much of my lull is due to those other things and how much is the aforementioned phase.

But two bright things on the horizon that stand a chance of yanking me out of the rut: next weekend, Bee Three comes to town!! (Will I browse, or will I play? Nobody knows...) Also, the following week, I'm headed to Nashville to partake of another Performing Songwriters workshop--with Mary Gauthier and Verlon Thompson. I attended one in January, you might recall; and although I haven't written one thing since, it's no fault of Mary's or the workshop experience. I've just been dry, dry, and so I'll invest a bunch of time and money in search of a kick in the pants. At the very least, I'll get to spend a few days doing something besides work.

That's my story--nothing too hard. Just in a bit of a dead spot but don't plan to stay there.

Thanks, gents...and no worries. I'll never quit you. :)

I'm sure I speak for many who pre-date me on this site to wish you hope for a better tomorrow and a return to this place from all who respect and care about you,Anne. I,too lost a dad in similar circumstances and can appreciate your pain. No platitudes can make this time anything but what it is, but I'm sure that you'll find a way to find something positive for yourself,and others,by creating music that will reflect how much we derive from our forebears and help others with less creative ability to make us stronger in the end.You have friends who care.Peace.

Archived