Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - Hello Epiphone ES-339 Pro

NewStrings

Well, after 4 months of going into my favourite music store and playing the same Epiphone, I finally took the leap and bought it!!! So what took me so long you ask? You see, I just didn't need another guitar --- and I have the "one comes in, one goes out" policy (it's my wife's rule actually!!) so I would have to give up something. I decided it was time to trade my Gretsch surf green G5434T and this was no easy decision. There are only 60 of these made by Gretsch and it is an absolutely stunning guitar. The only thing I found it was too heavy and it just couldn't compete with my other Gibsons and Fenders. So, getting back to Epiphone, it spoke to me from the first day I picked it up. It was light, responsive and just plain fun to play! It seemed to fit my had the best of many guitars I've held, and when plugged in, it sounded as good as many of the high end guitars I played. Fit and finish is as good as my $2K Gibson Classic Goldtop. So, without further adieu, here are some pics. Click on the pics to enlarge.

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

Archived