Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustic Guitar: Favorite Reverb

SkyRider

Hi,

Making me a small pedal board for acoustic guitar use. Mostly play worship church music.

I’m having difficult time deciding on a Reverb as there are sooo many choices.

Kind of thinking Neunaber Immerse as Youtube demo sounds very nice to my ears and some of the options on the pedal seems fund to play with. But perhaps more for electric???

Please let me know what your favorite reverb pedal is for acoustic playing?

Cheers!

I use the TC HOF Reverb Mini. It's on my board here:

I1WxVy4l.jpg?1

Now, You can download tons of reverbs onto this pedal from online... specific artist's sounds...

I havent done any of that. It's just shockingly good as it is. Be aware this pedal doesnt take batteries; it needs a power source. My source is underneath my HoleyBoard, and it powers all my pedals.

Neunaber pedals are always a sound bet. I had a Seraphim/Wet combo pedal for several years and loved it.

The HOF and HOF Mini as Sal mentioned are great too.

My issue is that a lot of reverb pedals are intended for electric guitar and are a bit “full range” for my tastes. Due to the low end frequency of the acoustic guitar compared to the electric (think “thrum” rather than “clang”), full range verb tends to muddy the low end a little. When recording I like to apply a high pass filter to reverb on acoustic guitar so the top end rings sweetly but the low end is still fundamental and strident.

The only reverb I’ve found in pedal form that will do that is the “ambience” (they don’t call it reverb because it isnt, in the traditional full range sense) in the Boss AD10 preamp pedal. Absolutely wonderful pedal in all respects, especially the EQ and spatial effects. I won’t leave for a gig without mine and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great all in one solution for live stuff.

I use the TC HOF Reverb Mini. It's on my board here:

I1WxVy4l.jpg?1

Now, You can download tons of reverbs onto this pedal from online... specific artist's sounds...

I havent done any of that. It's just shockingly good as it is. Be aware this pedal doesnt take batteries; it needs a power source. My source is underneath my HoleyBoard, and it powers all my pedals.

You’re turning into the edge

I just plug mine in 😧

1535951747[/url]' post='1952348']

You're turning into the edge

I just plug mine in 😧

Haha... your fish stick has reverb. :)

The little white box on the left is for solos.... a boost. So all can especially hear my solo in Peaceful Easy Feeling...

The blue bos is a delay... it’s packed off the board. I’m selling it. Maybe the Edge needs a new one...

Ps... the last two gigs I did I used the Takamine. All I did was plug in. No pedals.

You’re turning into the edge

I just plug mine in 😧

I don't much care for effects on acoustics either. I begrudgingly allowed a little reverb on our last project, but it was at gunpoint.

Clean and dry.

Haha... your fish stick has reverb. :)

The little white box on the left is for solos.... a boost. So all can especially hear my solo in Peaceful Easy Feeling...

The blue bos is a delay... it’s packed off the board. I’m selling it. Maybe the Edge needs a new one...

Ps... the last two gigs I did I used the Takamine. All I did was plug in. No pedals.

Just googled them

They still ain’t cheap

But yeah , plugged in they’re pretty cool

Can see why so many of the big names use them

I have a TC Electronic m-100 effects processor that I use for recording and really like it. Bunch of different reverb effects with stereo input/output, which makes for a very realistic effect while recording. Just did a 6 hour video shoot with my family with two vocal mics and two guitar mics and got great results. But stereo ouput may not be useful for your application though. I don't use mine as a "pedal", but it has an input jack for a foot switch.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/M100--tc-electronic-m100-stereo-multi-effects-processor

I use a holy grail neo, it don't take much to add enough but very effective. The hall setting seems to work the best for me. (options are plate, spring hall) Very simple to used, one switch to select the type and one pot to control the amount. very natural sounding to my ears.

advice: this pedal doesn't run on 9v batt. wall wart or pedal power (like a onespot) only

Archived