Gibson Brands Forums

Limited Edition Orange Firebird Non Reverse anyone have one?

bigtim

Been looking at this guitar. I am not seeing much online about it. This is the one with full size humbuckers, all black hardware, black pickguard, metallic orange finish with only one volume and one tone. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Goes for $899

The Classic design of the Firebird Non-Reverse guitar with its timeless appeal is now available for today's guitarists. Featuring a vintage feel with simple controls for flawless handling, you will enjoy endless hours of playing time with the Firebird Non-Reverse guitar. With the lightweight body finished in a Vintage Copper satin nitro finish, the authentic PAF tone and exceptional tuning stability, the Firebird has a comfortable but yet fast playing style for the next generation of guitarists.

Gibson Limited Edition Firebird Non Reverse Guitar with Bag Features

Mahogany body and neck

Non-Reverse Body Style

Classic ‘57 Pickups

Vintage Copper Finish

600 Guitars produced Worldwide

Padded Gig Bag

178211%2F178211-Generic-2-large.jpg

178211%2F178211-Generic-7-large.jpg

LOL thanks. I guess I am the only one who has a little passion for it. I personally think it might be a good investment since there are only 600 world wide. I have saw a few for sale used on the auction site. I know about the so called Gibson quality issues as well but hey You don't have to spend over 3000.00 to get the same issues your talking about you know. Imagine all the money you would have saved just buying regular production made guitars. (No pun intended) I guess this is my opinion for grabbing one up. There are only 600 world wide. It has full size humbuckers. The non hardshell case is okay with me because I have too many of them right now anyways. I found one good decent video of a guy playing one. Problem is, it is in Japan and he only demos the sound and does not say anything about it. Not that it would have mattered because I do not speak Japanese anyways. I was hoping someone had one on here or maybe have played one at a guitar center and could give their 2 cents input. I am not concerned if people thinks it is ugly because I do too. But to me it has that good kind of ugly going for it.

What else would you want to know about this? If you are asking for opinions (and do NOT take anything I say personally please), I'd gladly give mine strictly on this guitar you are inquiring about... I think this guitar is absolutely hideous! Whether or not it plays find or sounds great - don't care. Thank God there are only 600 of these in the world I live in! As for quality, well, you'll probably get the usual flaws from a $3000 Gibson USA guitar - and maybe even more so because this guitar is supposedly for $900. Take it from me - a guy who has purchases Custom Shop Les Paul and a 2018 Classic LP. I know what you get for the money... Again, not trying to be a jerk here, but I am appalled that something like this would be presented to the public and not even have the courtesy to include a hard shell case in the deal. I wouldn't be caught dead with this thing in my hands.

I have one. I bought it from Zzounds for $799 in May. Setup was horrible on it but I fixed it. The finish is thin and not smooth. Now that it is set up, it plays great and sounds great. It has a very 2017 SG standard sound to it. I bought it because it is the color of my car.

• 3 years later...

Yes. I own the orange 65 non reverse Gibson Firebird that was featured at the 2020 Namm Show, the case candy, and certificates that say Gibson Custom Shop, and Namm Show.  This is all  original in the original hard shell case from Gibson.  Are you interested?  It might be for sale.  I have it all dialed in and it is in excellent condition.