Gibson Brands Forums

Pickups in 2007 flying v?

Wreqew

What pickups do i have in my stock 2007 flying v? I have 500t in my Explorer but they are way hotter.

I have a Gibson 2007 Faded Flying V with three pickups and they are:

Neck Pickups: 490R humbucker

Middle Pickups: 490R humbucker

Bridge Pickups: 490T humbucker

I can't say for certain that's what yours are as well. They are VERY hot pickups in that guitar.

At some point, they put in 496R and 500T Pickups but I'm not certain what years those were but it seemed like it was for the 2007 '67 reissues. My '81 has Dirty Fingers and I think the new ones do too. Hope that helps.

Thanks. Could it be that the 490t are hotter than the 498t? I'm going crasy, in my sg i have 498t in the bridge and they are not as hot as the pickups in my flying v. And in my Explorer i have the 500t that are way hotter. The V is stock, bought new by me. Can't find the specs anywhere...

Thanks. Could it be that the 490t are hotter than the 498t? I'm going crasy, in my sg i have 498t in the bridge and they are not as hot as the pickups in my flying v. And in my Explorer i have the 500t that are way hotter. The V is stock, bought new by me. Can't find the specs anywhere...

Hey Wregew;

489Ts are definitely hotter than 490Ts. Quick search and most stuff I can find says should be 496R and 500T same as your Explorer, except one site which suggest 57 classics. Now, if I'm not mistaken the 57s, and in particular if you have a classic plus in the bridge are hotter than the 490s, but less than the 500T.

Here's a link to a chart, cant say how accurate it is, but it gives an idea.

http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/gibson-relative-pickup-output-chart.11252/

Hope that helps.

Johnny

Archived