Gibson Brands Forums

Slash Anaconda LP

FemmeParallell

I don't trust Epiphone to use good fretwire. Would I trust them with the Slash guitar? I guess.

The pickups are the most interesting feature to me. If I were hell bent for a Slash guitar, I'd get a 2018 Tribute on clearance sale around Christmas and put in Slash's signature pickups.

I don't trust Epiphone to use good fretwire. Would I trust them with the Slash guitar? I guess.

The pickups are the most interesting feature to me. If I were hell bent for a Slash guitar, I'd get a 2018 Tribute on clearance sale around Christmas and put in Slash's signature pickups.

I've never had an epi but it totally makes sense, i think $899 is a lot and could get a Gibson adding a few more dollars, and do that PU swap

thank you msp_thumbup.gif

I've never had an epi but it totally makes sense, i think $899 is a lot and could get a Gibson adding a few more dollars, and do that PU swap

At $899 new if you compare fit and finish of Epiphone vs Gibson, you would have to spend a lot more on a Gibson to get the same level of guitar.

sb8ka7ak908txkmbosop.jpg

At $899 new if you compare fit and finish of Epiphone vs Gibson, you would have to spend a lot more on a Gibson to get the same level of guitar.

sb8ka7ak908txkmbosop.jpg

Yes it would have to be a used Gibson studio or tribute , i wish i could try this anaconda LP first before buying it , have a lot of thinking to do

thank you both for your opinions!

Yes it would have to be a used Gibson studio or tribute , i wish i could try this anaconda LP first before buying it , have a lot of thinking to do

thank you both for your opinions!

So you would be down grading then.....

PRODUCT FEATURES

Ltd. Ed. Slash Les Paul Standard Plustop PRO At A Glance

• Weigh relieved Mahogany Body

• Carved Hard Maple Cap with AAA Flame Maple Veneer

• Seymour Duncan "Slash" Humbuckers

• Tone controls feature Sprague "Orange Drop" capacitors

SPECIFICATIONS

Body Material: Mahogany with traditional 9-hole weight relief

Top Material: Carved Hard Maple Cap with AAA Flame Maple Veneer

Neck Material: Mahogany

Neck Shape: Rounded, Custom "Slash" Profile

Neck Joint: Glued-In; Deep-set

Headstock: Traditional Epiphone Clipped-Ear

Headstock Inlay "Epiphone" logo in Pearloid, "Les Paul Model" in Gold

Back of Headstock: Slash “Skull and Top Hat” Logo in Gold

Truss Rod Cover: "Bell Shaped"; 2-layer (Black/White); Blank

Truss Rod: 2-way Adjustable

Scale Length: 24.75"

Fingerboard Material: Ebony

Fingerboard Inlays: Pearloid "Trapezoid" Inlays

Frets: 22; medium-jumbo

Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan "Slash" Humbucker; APH-2N; Open-coil; Black

Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan "Slash" Humbucker; APH-2B; Open-coil; Black

Controls: Epiphone All-metal 3-way Pickup Selector with amber toggle cap, Neck Pickup Volume, Bridge Pickup Volume, Neck Pickup Tone, with Sprague "Orange Drop" capacitors; 0.022uF, 600V, 5%, Bridge Pickup Tone with Sprague "Orange Drop" capacitors; 0.022uF, 600V, 5%

Binding: Body Top = 1 layer; Cream, Body Back = None, Headstock = None, Fingerboard - 1 layer; Cream,

Fingerboard Radius: 12"

Bridge/Tailpiece: Epiphone LockTone™ Tune-o-matic and Stopbar

Nut Width: 1.68"

Hardware: Nickel

Machine Heads: Epiphone "Deluxe" with Ivory "tulip" buttons; 18:1 Ratio

Pickguard: None

Knobs: Gold "Top Hats" with metal pointers

Back Cavity Cover: Black PVC

Output Jack: Rim-mounted; Epiphone Non-Rotating Heavy-Duty with Cream PVC Jack Plate

Strap Buttons: Epiphone StrapLocks

Other: Certificate of Authenticity

Includes: User's Manual, Truss Rod Wrench, Epiphone Poster, Epiphone Bumper Sticker

Warranty: Epiphone Limited Lifetime

Service: 1-800-4GIBSON (1-800-444-2766) service@gibson.com

See a Gibson Slash Anaconda for $4999

For what it's worth, I've played several of the latest Epi Customs, including the Slash copy, and the neck profiles and fret work have been as nice as any of the Gibson models.

I didn't plug the Slash up, so no comments on the pickups, but the Probuckes on the Koa version that I took home are a couple steps above what I heard just a year ago.

I like to wait until the production run is through peaking before buying an upper end Epiphone. I have 3 Epi's that originally sold for $899 that were new old stock or a store demonstrator that I paid considerably less for. FYI, I like demonstrator's because they are usually setup the best, living in the middle of the Pacific with no Epiphone dealer on my island all of my purchases are online. The quality of the build on mine is extremely high, as good as any Gibson. I have been watching used unsigned Slash Anaconda's online for a while and currently seem to be averaging about $799. Part of my interest in this model is spurred by the hardware and materials Epiphone puts into it, they are very much inline with what Gibson uses on the same model that costs 5 times more....

I like to wait until the production run is through peaking before buying an upper end Epiphone. I have 3 Epi's that originally sold for $899 that were new old stock or a store demonstrator that I paid considerably less for. FYI, I like demonstrator's because they are usually setup the best, living in the middle of the Pacific with no Epiphone dealer on my island all of my purchases are online. The quality of the build on mine is extremely high, as good as any Gibson. I have been watching used unsigned Slash Anaconda's online for a while and currently seem to be averaging about $799. Part of my interest in this model is spurred by the hardware and materials Epiphone puts into it, they are very much inline with what Gibson uses on the same model that costs 5 times more....

yes, i've seen a couple used "like new" ones now for $700-$800..i think i'll wait a little bit before buying one, try to look for a good used one instead of buying it new

yes, i've seen a couple used "like new" ones now for $700-$800..i think i'll wait a little bit before buying one, try to look for a good used one instead of buying it new

I think waiting is good. I bought a Sapphire Blueshawk (a high midrange Epi) from new MF with an Epiphone SG case for $625. I wanted it shipped in the case but it turned out that the recommended Epi SG hard case fits kind of loose and needed additional packing inside the case, which MF didn't do. So it got slammed around inside the case a bit in shipping. It took me longer than normal to get the neck to settle down and the truss rod was backed all the way off, almost fell out when I went to adjust it. Surprisingly I got adjusted right after a month of tweaking and checking every few days.. I probably should have sent it back, but it has become my favorite most versatile guitar, the P-90 Pro's scream in this guitar much better that the original Gibson BluesHawk's Blues90's. I wish that Epi would produce a Custom Shop version of the Blueshawk and maybe even include a tremolo. Since I have to buy most of what I want online I prefer to by from actual brick and mortar music stores that seem to check out and test their guitars better.If I can find an Anaconda I can afford I may put some P-94's in it..

I think waiting is good. I bought a Sapphire Blueshawk (a high midrange Epi) from new MF with an Epiphone SG case for $625. I wanted it shipped in the case but it turned out that the recommended Epi SG hard case fits kind of loose and needed additional packing inside the case, which MF didn't do. So it got slammed around inside the case a bit in shipping. It took me longer than normal to get the neck to settle down and the truss rod was backed all the way off, almost fell out when I went to adjust it. Surprisingly I got adjusted right after a month of tweaking and checking every few days.. I probably should have sent it back, but it has become my favorite most versatile guitar, the P-90 Pro's scream in this guitar much better that the original Gibson BluesHawk's Blues90's. I wish that Epi would produce a Custom Shop version of the Blueshawk and maybe even include a tremolo. Since I have to buy most of what I want online I prefer to by from actual brick and mortar music stores that seem to check out and test their guitars better.If I can find an Anaconda I can afford I may put some P-94's in it..

Im glad you were able to adjust it and didnt give up on her! what year is that Epi Blueshawk? i've read that they are really stepping up on on the newer models

i used to buy mostly online since i have a hard time to find what i want where i live, but last year i got tendinitis and i've notice some neck profiles are not nice on my hand/arm, so i try to play the guitars first now..i wanted one of the new player series strat with maple neck but im glad i tried it first because it was so uncomfortable =(

anyways, i hope i get my hands on that anaconda LP by the end of this year msp_thumbup.gif thank you for all your input

I have # 38. I will never sell it. If I compare it to my Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty with Bigsby - the quality is the same. I think only difference is the price and the brand label. Well, "S-D Slash pickups" are hotter than Gibson classics, so it depends what kind of sound you are looking for. I like variety in my guitar collection.

Im glad you were able to adjust it and didnt give up on her! what year is that Epi Blueshawk? i've read that they are really stepping up on on the newer models

i used to buy mostly online since i have a hard time to find what i want where i live, but last year i got tendinitis and i've notice some neck profiles are not nice on my hand/arm, so i try to play the guitars first now..i wanted one of the new player series strat with maple neck but im glad i tried it first because it was so uncomfortable =(

anyways, i hope i get my hands on that anaconda LP by the end of this year msp_thumbup.gif thank you for all your input

I got my Epi Blueshawk in 2016 then my Gibson in 2017. I love playing both of them but my Epiphone is the favorite for several different reasons.. They are both very comfortable, light, well ballanced and have 25.5" scale necks. I do prefer the more classic p-90 sound my Epiphone gets.

EXDCmyN.jpg

I will be watching for a Slash Anaconda, its just so tempting with all of the materials they put into it.. The Green flame will look great next to my Blue flame....

I got my Epi Blueshawk in 2016 then my Gibson in 2017. I love playing both of them but my Epiphone is the favorite for several different reasons.. They are both very comfortable, light, well ballanced and have 25.5" scale necks. I do prefer the more classic p-90 sound my Epiphone gets.

EXDCmyN.jpg

I will be watching for a Slash Anaconda, its just so tempting with all of the materials they put into it.. The Green flame will look great next to my Blue flame....

The Black one looks good! like how the cream pick ups and the gold hardware go with the black paint, i've never played one, never seen one at a music store, i just recently found out about this model, must be very comfty being semihollow...if you get the slash one let me know what you think!

YW. It seems it's mainly me on here with fretwire issues on an Epi, though. I'm very happy with it otherwise. Just sorely disappointed in the fretwire. Re-fretting it would mean I would have spent a couple hundred bucks (equivalent) more on my Epi than I did on my Tribute. And that's just not right.

Personally, I'd still get a Tribute and soup it up, though. Which begs the question, have I ever PLAYED an Epi Slash model? Naaah.

Revolution Six, what do you think? ;)

YW. It seems it's mainly me on here with fretwire issues on an Epi, though. I'm very happy with it otherwise. Just sorely disappointed in the fretwire. Re-fretting it would mean I would have spent a couple hundred bucks (equivalent) more on my Epi than I did on my Tribute. And that's just not right.

Personally, I'd still get a Tribute and soup it up, though. Which begs the question, have I ever PLAYED an Epi Slash model? Naaah.

Revolution Six, what do you think? ;)

what kinda issues you had with the fretwire??

• 2 weeks later...

what kinda issues you had with the fretwire??

It looks like it's been played for ten years. After just one year.

None of my Epi's manufactured in the last decade have experienced early fret wear. My Epi Junior DC made in Indonesia in the 90's at the Cort factory did wear fast, the way Pinch described. It is still playable, its just not suitable as an everyday guitar, I worry about it becoming unplayable, but it still has some life in it.

plSH6oW.jpg

None of my Epi's manufactured in the last decade have experienced early fret wear. My Epi Junior DC made in Indonesia in the 90's at the Cort factory did wear fast, the way Pinch described. It is still playable, its just not suitable as an everyday guitar, I worry about it becoming unplayable, but it still has some life in it.

plSH6oW.jpg

I see, thank you for explaining...that LP jr is just gorgeous! msp_love.gif im a sucker for yellow LPjrs hehe

I definitely had a thing for LP TV DC's... :)

The new Slash Firebird....

N_070118E1.jpg

N_070118E2.jpg

N_070118E3.jpg

i saw that! i dont recall seeing Slash play a firebird (until now), but i could be wrong..love firebirds but prefer the classic sunburst tone, i didnt like very much this blackish charcoal one. Same price as the LP $899

i saw that! i dont recall seeing Slash play a firebird (until now), but i could be wrong..love firebirds but prefer the classic sunburst tone, i didnt like very much this blackish charcoal one. Same price as the LP $899

Start the clip at 2:30.

Never saw this vid (or heard this song) thank you, this was new to me!

It was the early 90s, so not even having Ozzy and Slash on the track in the video made it the super hit it would have become just a few years prior ;)

Myself, I like this acoustic version from the legendary BBC studio even better. Lemmy was no Celine Dion, but you can see him really doing his best, because it's apparent that he's awed to be recording a session where all his heroes in the fifties and sixties did. There's a reverence there that I pick up on. Like the man himself said, "I remember BEFORE Elvis!":

Good song either way.

Archived