Gibson Brands Forums

A little bling for the J-45

Rev Roy

Always interesting to see a little personal touch. Isn't the nut changed as well - I would think this was a black-nut Standard.

Regarding tuners I have one faded gold among my J-45 Std. now matt chrome Grovers.

But it's only the knob, not the whole mechanic. Taken from the 96 Dove btw.

Did you just change the buttons, or the tuners also? I'm curious because I don't like the bright white color of the buttons on my SJ. All other white colors on bindings etc are more aged/cream in appearance, and the white buttons don't look right in comparison. I don't want to change the tuners because they work perfectly.

Lars

Did you just change the buttons, or the tuners also? I'm curious because I don't like the bright white color of the buttons on my SJ. All other white colors on bindings etc are more aged/cream in appearance, and the white buttons don't look right in comparison. I don't want to change the tuners because they work perfectly.

Without bein' sure the link tells me Rev Roy switched the whole thing. Unlike me, who - as you understand - only exchanged the button.

As for the white ones in your SJ, there' always the ol' shoe-polish trick.

Smear brown cream on paper or fabric and wrap it around the tuners. Check after 8-12-16-24 hours till they match the bindings.

Without bein' sure the link tells me Rev Roy switched the whole thing. Unlike me, who - as you understand - only exchanged the button.

As for the white ones in your SJ, there' always the ol' shoe-polish trick.

Smear brown cream on paper or fabric and wrap it around the tuners. Check after 8-12-16-24 hours till they match the bindings.

Ah, thanks Em7, I'll give that a try.

Lars

Lars

Just changer the buttons. Quick swap out. Took less than 10 mins.

Always interesting to see a little personal touch. Isn't the nut changed as well - I would think this was a black-nut Standard.

Regarding tuners I have one faded gold among my J-45 Std. now matt chrome Grovers.

But it's only the knob, not the whole mechanic. Taken from the 96 Dove btw.

Yep...upgraded with bone nut/saddle and bone unslotted pins.

Archived