Gibson Brands Forums

10 Year Old Blue Chip....

Murph

Me either. My BB King and LP sit in there stands and watch me play my D-28, D-18 and J12-16GT and get jealousy. I have even been toying with selling the LP for another acoustic. I want an acoustic with maple back and sides. I have the Sitka Spruce top with Hog and Rosewood thing covered. BB King will never go anywhere except to my son with I leave this planet.

I smell a j200

Let me tell ya,, I know they are a big hit cost wise, but holy -***@$ it's an amazing guitar..

Yep. They do not wear out. Take another picture just like this in another 10 years and it will look the same. Good stuff.

I ordered a TD40 yesterday.

I really like the 35 but everything else I use is 1.0 which is about 40, so wanted to see how that works out.

I still think the Wegens are "faster", but they also feel less dense and therefore seem to have less tone. But, that changes a lot with micing, using pickups and stuff too.....

I've never been in a store that had one and probably never will, and I certainly do not have that kind of money to get a new one even if I do sell the LP. Plus I'm a CFM guy. Just sadly they don't really do maple boxes. What are they over 5k new? I like guitars, but I like to eat too.

Yea. They are over 5k these days. Since 2016 the price has increased by about 1k. Which is Crazy....

Pay $ 40.00 bucks for one. You'll know where it is AT ALL TIMES.

[biggrin]

Not me. I bought one, lost it within days. Bought another, lost it within days. That did me in. How the heck do you lose a $40 pick? A mystery still today. I carried it in my pocket. I keep thinking one will surface, hidden from view in a guitar case or somewhere all this time.

For the past year or so, been using Dunlop Prime Tone picks. Much less expensive and I like them a lot. I have been using a leather keychain pouch and it's worked to not lose them.

Why does one need a guitar pick in the pocket at all times? I don't understand.....expecting to encounter a stray guitar on the street? There are three places I keep a pick: in my hand while playing, under the strings on a break or on the corner of the desk with the capo & tuner when doing a string change. Never have I lost a pick, not a one.

Why does one need a guitar pick in the pocket at all times? I don't understand.....expecting to encounter a stray guitar on the street? There are three places I keep a pick: in my hand while playing, under the strings on a break or on the corner of the desk with the capo & tuner when doing a string change. Never have I lost a pick, not a one.

To have never lost a pick affords you membership in a pretty exclusive club, IMO (and not meant argumentative). I don't even consider myself absent minded and have lost a rather impressive list of things in my life.

I have an old wooden box, about cigar size, in the room where we usually play when there's a gathering. It is a combination of lost and found/penny bowl at the convenience store. Some of the regulars throw three or four of their favorite type and gauge in (usually taken out of their pockets) on a regular basis just in case one were to go flying through the night/dropped/left in the bathroom or fridge, etc.

Edit: Congratulations on the milestone w/the Blue Chip Murph! One of these days I'm going to give one try.

Archived