Gibson Brands Forums

Replacing a tuning peg on my epiphone guitar

Amguitos

Hey ya'll,

I'm not sure if this is like the right place to ask this. Basically, i have this epiphone guitar which i believe is a dr-100. The g-string tuning head is like missing/broken off even, the part that you turn to tune it. Is it possible to find a replacement somewhere? Can i repair it myself? or is it advisable to seek professional help. Also i got the guitar in like 2012 so do the strings need to be replaced or something. not used for a while now.

• 2 weeks later...

Check Stewart-McDonald for self installed replacement tuners. You might also consider going to any music store and having them replace the tuner or tuners if they or you can’t find an exact match. It, I would think the tuning peg on your guitar is a pretty standard one.

Hope this helps.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

As noted Stewmac is a good source if you do not mind the shipping costs. Easy job to do yourself. Knowing Stewmac I am sure they have instructions on the site somewhere. Assuming you are not pulling our collective leg and have not changed the strings in 6 years, you might consider going someplace to have the guitar taken care of.

i have this epiphone guitar which i believe is a dr-100.

i agree with the other responses that Stew Mac is the place to go. Keep in mind, if it's important to you that the DR100 only sold for $99. At least it did when I bought mine 5-6 years ago, although it plays a lot better than it cost!!!

Archived