Gibson Brands Forums

WTB: J-45

CAMELEYE

I had to look up cantankerous... Did you guys know that the word perhaps originated from contenkerous (contentious + rancorous). Cantankerous is generally used to describe an unpleasant elderly person in a slightly pejorative manner. However, the term can be used to people in general, livestock, and machinery as well. Or so Wiktionary says. Mighty interesting or life time lost? Which is it?

Want to jump back into the fold. Seeking a clean, recent, no issues J-45 plain jane standard.

Straight up cash deal.

Thanks, Ce.

A worthy endeavor. So where were you, that you’re looking to get back to the humble J-45. . the AJ, playing electric, or maybe a high end acoustic? I’ll keep an eye and an ear out, and take your time- it’s so worth it when you find the right one.

Yes, It is a shame they took down the Trading Post here on the forum. GC is not to be left out in your search- the return policy is hard to beat, and when you think of how much money they’re making holding the $ from all of the to-be-returned instruments and gear while people are deciding, it’s a win-win.

Sal- wishing you a good day- forum regulars know where you were 17 years ago today.

Yeah cameleye, where are you in the world ?

Might help some of us to point you toward anything that may come up

Upstate New York.

Recommendation to first scout out Guitar Center probably good. They have a dozen in good to excellent condition.

Lots of 'versions'. Even enough to satisfy a person who has stated he would never by a Gibson Acoustic.

Oh c'mon, Sal. Was that necessary?

How would you read his post? I read it as wise-***.... and disrespectful to a forum member looking to buy a J45. There was nothing of value in what he wrote, and I called him out on it. Sorry if that offends you. I am a big believer in being nice, and 99.9% of the time I am here. I just also believe in calling out bullsht.

Peace out.

Jeez guys, sorry to have caused any contention. I've owned and played J-45s since forever (my first was a Texan back in '64) but sold my last off a couple years ago due to shoulder problems that have since

healed. As mentioned above, I'm in upstate NY (near Buffalo). I've been searching the interweb for days and have seen many. I thought I'd ask here figuring that a personal deal

member to member might be the way to go.

i feel ya - i rarely post here or on acoustic guitar forum due to the vitriol which is a sign of our times- as i've said before, social media ain't very social- but a magical vehicle for narcissism and insecurity

Yes very true.An online forum is like work/school/college. Someone will rise to the top, and others, often by force, will sink to the bottom.

Still, Sal has manned up and said a heartfelt 'I apologize'

i feel ya - i rarely post here or on acoustic guitar forum due to the vitriol which is a sign of our times- as i've said before, social media ain't very social- but a magical vehicle for narcissism and insecurity

Curious if there are other forums which you do frequent and, if so, if you have any insight into why they are more 'social' ?

My local GC has had their standard J-45 (brand new) for $1999 since the holiday.

Plus, you always ask for a (further) discount. Can't hurt! One good thing about GC is, they'll ship it across country, but if you don't like it, you can return it to your local GC.

Archived