Gibson Brands Forums

Grovers on 2009 335

gampadoug

Would you Boyz N Girlz recommend "upgrading" tuners to Grovers on either a 335 (or any ES for that matter) or an L.P. ??

My understanding is that the holes are a little bigger but "bushings" can be obtained for reinstall if desired or if I lose my freaking mind and sell it. [scared]

What say you?...

• 3 weeks later...

No tunng problems.

I have a 137 with Grovers and they're buttery smooooooooooooooooth.

I have Grover's on some of my Guitars & they're great. I have Tulips on some of my Gibsons & they're great.. The Grover's IMO aren't that much of an improvement to warrant altering an expensive Guitar. If you change them & alter the Guitar it voids your Lifetime Warranty if you bought it new. It also affects the resale if you decide to sell it at some point.

Good luck

No tunng problems.

I have a 137 with Grovers and they're buttery smooooooooooooooooth.

I have Grover's on some of my Guitars & they're great. I have Tulips on some of my Gibsons & they're great.. The Grover's IMO aren't that much of an improvement to warrant altering an expensive Guitar. If you change them & alter the Guitar it voids your Lifetime Warranty if you bought it new. It also affects the resale if you decide to sell it at some point.

Good luck

I swapped Grover to Schaller Keystone - just incredible what that less weight on headstock does to the instrument.

Inclined to call it a different instrument in how it resonate.

Also 16:1 gear ratio so a little easier to do the final tuning adjustment.

The Grover's on my 2008 335 was plenty slippage back and forth - so virtually worn out.

Archived