Gibson Brands Forums: 2019 Les Paul Tributes...Gibson, we have a problem - Gibson Brands Forums

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2019 Les Paul Tributes...Gibson, we have a problem

#41 User is offline   MichaelT 

• Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
  • Group: All Access
  • LocationSomewhere in Kentucky

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:38 AM

View Postpippy, on 14 September 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

Thanks for the kind words and the forbearance in my indulgence for posting the same hoary old snaps yet again.
It was looking closely at your own clutch of Lesters and their individual specs which really drew me in to this post.

I particularly love your Gold Tops.
I've long hankered after a '56 style LP mainly because I don't have a P-90 guitar and much as I love the original - and unplayable - '52 GTs the '56 model had the most practical "user" specs. It was also (not that it matters to many) the version played by Danny Kirwan who must be one of my absolute favourite guitarists of all-time. Sublime phrasing. Your 2018 Classic is a Damn-Near-Perfect recreation and an affordable option to an R6 but 11lbs is, quite frankly, unattractive. Your 2017 Tribute would also be Damn-Near-Perfect as an alternative to a playable 1952 Re-Issue if the post-holes for the bridge and stop-tail could be disguised...

However I must emphasise that IMO neither of your instruments are lacking in any regard whatsoever and I heartily congratulate you on your GT pair. Gorgeous creatures both.

Posted Image
Pip.

Thank you for the compliments as well. The 2018 Classic has no weight relief but I've played some that weren't nearly as heavy. I think a lot of them are between 9 and 10 pounds. I agree about the 1956 Les Pauls. I wanted one for a while and got the Tribute first and it turned out to be a fantastic guitar. The Classic is almost like an R6 and I just had to have it for its sound and feel. And, the discount I got for that guitar from Sweetwater made it very desirable as well. I considered putting period correct volume/tone knobs, pointers, truss rod cover and tuners on it. It's a really nice sounding guitar with the band and really cuts through. The clean sound is fantastic out of those P90's. It'll definitely cause some shoulder ache after a few hours.

#42 User is offline   FZ Fan 

• Jumbo Go Away
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:02 AM

View PostMichaelT, on 14 September 2018 - 09:26 AM, said:

Might as well have it all! We didn't mention truss rod covers or "poker chip" yet though. Oh, wait, I just did. Oh crap.

Pickguard on or off?

#43 User is offline   Johnny 6 String 

• Just one of the boys...
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:11 AM

View PostBenderOfStrings, on 13 September 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

LOL I sure hope you're not a Gibson representative. Because if Gibson thinks an 1,100.00 guitar is a "budget" guitar then they are more out of touch than I realized. NO guitar that costs north of a grand should be called a budget guitar...ever!

Considering that USA line production tops out at $3800 and Memphis at $4500 (per our hosts pages) not to even mention custom shop, where does the $1100 guitar fall? Top of the line or bottom? Looks like $1100 is a budget (near the bottom of the line) GIBSON and as such cant have all the bells and whistles. You dont have to like it, but it is what it is, want a sub $1000 guitar shaped like an LP with traps on the fingerboard, there are other options. Its all a matter of perspective, I once knew a guy who had a Jeep Grande Cherokee to drive around his dog as he didnt want it in his Mercedes or Rolls. The Jeep was his budget vehicle, didn't matter it was worth more than the truck I was driving at the time.

that's my 2 cents

Johnny

#44 User is offline   charlie brown 

• Lunatic Fringe

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:45 AM

I actually like the "Dot" inlays, this year. Just for the variety. So, there you go! [flapper] [biggrin]

CB

#45 User is offline   Snorten 

• LocationNorthern Germany

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:47 AM

This guitar was a real value piece for the last two generations. And I also dont understand why they did it. These guys are in trouble obviously and things like this are one reason why [flapper]

#46 User is offline   Revolution Six 

• Only a Gibson !

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:08 AM

I like the 2018 Les Paul Faded, 2019 Les Paul Tribute tabacco burst is very nice IMHO [smile]

http://23.21.158.208...aspx#LPF18WFNH1

Posted Image
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users