Gibson Brands Forums

Further Pickup Conundrum

BluesKing777

So I arrived back at where the conundrum started after all the flitting about with pickups...

I bought the Baggs M80 for my incredible Martin OM18 Authentic, but it doesn't fit the soundhole unless I remove the clamps and use gaffa tape to hold the pickup in. Well, that will never do. Like hand painting a classic car with a paint brush....

Jinder has got me feverish over the Sunrise pickups. I want the one you hang the lead out the soundhole - I don't want to alter this guitar in any way.

Here is the OM18 Authentic with a budget Fishman Neo D in the soundhole - fits! I then ran it to my Fishman Pro EQ preamp AND my new Baggs Align EQ pedal. Sounds good and the guitar is electrified but I can and will do better....

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/om18aneoprobaeq777

BluesKing777.

You do realise your posts have now ended up more confusing than anything else

I can’t keep track of this pickup in this guitar with this Di box without a box

Head melted

I do seriously think you need medication

A bit rude, BBG...

You don’t understand a soundhole pickup with 2 preamps and a little recording of it...and I need medication?

Keep taking your stupid lessons, BBG, they are working.

BluesKing777.

I had tongue in cheek ya know , in the post

And always made it obvious I appreciated your chops

So to read that you’re calling me stupid , well I’m not allowed to post what I want to post because I’d get banned , but I’ll trust people in here to see what’s happening in this thread

Good luck to you

I had tongue in cheek ya know , in the post

And always made it obvious I appreciated your chops

So to read that you’re calling me stupid , well I’m not allowed to post what I want to post because I’d get banned , but I’ll trust people in here to see what’s happening in this thread

Good luck to you

Well, if your comment was tongue in cheek, I sincerely apologise, BBG. Kissy make up, then?

I suppose I am sensitive to any one canning my endeavours to keep playing acoustic guitar, including an old friend of my mother's saying recently to a whole gathering that 'I should have grown out of that by now'... guitar playing, that is....

BluesKing777.

Archived