Gibson Brands Forums

New at this forum

JoeMiller

hi to all

At my 55, I want to learn to paly the guitar. I've bougth a Ephiphone Pro-1 clasic guitar, and hoppyng to find information in this and other sites, and collaborate if possible when I'll aquire some level.

Thank in advance for all info to read in this forum.

Joe

Hello, Joe, and welcome to the forums. As to your starting to learn to play in your fifties, well done! Stick with it and you will get there. It just takes a lot of hard work! Having said that, when I think back to when I first started to play, I doubt that I have ever had the same satisfaction I got from quickly learning 3 chords and actually playing and singing a song! It was sooooo motivating!

Mike

Welcome aboard Mike. After a couple of feeble, failed attempts at learning to play guitar in my teens, I finally made a serious commitment to learn 6 string electric guitar at age 42 and 4 string bass at age 45. I have since added 7 string guitar and 6 string bass to my mission. It has definitely been an interesting, but enjoyable ride. Good luck in your endeavor.

Welcome to the forum Joe. msp_thumbup.gif Just takes determination that you will learn and then practice. I started at 13, and played till I was around 28 and sold off everything. Then picked it back up when I left the Railroad. Actually I forgot most all that I learned and started over at 60, Basics right on up and I know more in 5 years then I ever did in my youth. Cant say enough about practice and it will come. Truth is, when your learning your looking at the strings and where to place your fingers on the frets and even the strumming hand, especially if you want to finger pick. The practice makes muscle memory set in and you can say watch your wife and the hands just play what you learned. Good luck.

Archived