Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - My first Epiphone

Supperconductor

After quite a bit of research, I pulled the trigger. I always wanted an affordable “Les Paul” but only could find single-cut guitars with “modern” necks. Coming from classical guitar, I really find wide/fat necks way more ergonomic. Having done way too much internet research, I really was worried about getting a lemon, but I am VERY pleasantly surprised with the guitar overall. The only flaw I can see is in the binding where the cutaway body meets the neck. Otherwise the guitar is surpisingly loud and resonant unplugged, very low action without any buzz, better than expected pickups, ideal (for me) satin finish, excellent tuners and tuning stability.

I was expecting to have to make upgrades but I plan on leaving this one unmodified. It is quite heavy (which I prefer) but the neck wants to dive a bit (which is not so good) but I can live with that. I don’t think this Epiphone model gets the attention it deserves.

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0igu3HR8c6aW4dmmcHPhNeEvQ#559B570D-8D63-40B7-BCB7-A1A239A57F25.jpeg

Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro II - Desert Burst

• 2 weeks later...

After quite a bit of research, I pulled the trigger. I always wanted an affordable "Les Paul" but only could find single-cut guitars with "modern" necks. Coming from classical guitar, I really find wide/fat necks way more ergonomic. Having done way too much internet research, I really was worried about getting a lemon, but I am VERY pleasantly surprised with the guitar overall. The only flaw I can see is in the binding where the cutaway body meets the neck. Otherwise the guitar is surpisingly loud and resonant unplugged, very low action without any buzz, better than expected pickups, ideal (for me) satin finish, excellent tuners and tuning stability.

I was expecting to have to make upgrades but I plan on leaving this one unmodified. It is quite heavy (which I prefer) but the neck wants to dive a bit (which is not so good) but I can live with that. I don't think this Epiphone model gets the attention it deserves.

https://www.icloud.c...A239A57F25.jpeg

Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro II - Desert Burst

Congratulations on your beautiful new guitar and your first Epiphone!!! msp_thumbup.gif

I've taken quite a liking to the Goldtop Les Paul Traditional Pro. Had a chance to try it out recently and was quite impressed, so I totally agree with you that Epi's Traditional Pro Les Pauls are really underrated.

I hope you enjoy yours for a long time to come!

• 5 weeks later...

I traded a spalted top Valor X for my Traditional Pro.

It has been my main guitar for a while now. Only guitar I actually use the option to split the pickups on any regiular basis.

I have not played the TP2, but I have heard very little bad said about either model.

My neck pickup will eventually be replaced, but that is caused by the amp I use more than the pickup.

Archived