Gibson Brands Forums: 2018 / 2019 J-45 - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2018 / 2019 J-45 Differences other than pricing?

#1 User is offline   jon_bailey 

• Group: All Access

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:34 AM

I have just placed an order for my dream guitar, a 2018 J-45 ordered from a well known on-line UK store. It will be delivered tomorrow. I decided to take the plunge as the 2019 guitars are now being advertised at 500 more expensive than the 2018 models and yet from what I can see there is no discernible difference between the models? I was reluctant to purchase on line and would have preferred to try the guitar out first, but with such a good saving the guitar is 1699.00 I decided I would never get a chance to buy a brand new J-45 at that kind of price. Is there any difference between the two guitars?

#2 User is offline   FZ Fan 

• Jumbo Go Away
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:16 PM

View Postjon_bailey, on 10 October 2018 - 04:34 AM, said:

I have just placed an order for my dream guitar, a 2018 J-45 ordered from a well known on-line UK store. It will be delivered tomorrow. I decided to take the plunge as the 2019 guitars are now being advertised at 500 more expensive than the 2018 models and yet from what I can see there is no discernible difference between the models? I was reluctant to purchase on line and would have preferred to try the guitar out first, but with such a good saving the guitar is 1699.00 I decided I would never get a chance to buy a brand new J-45 at that kind of price. Is there any difference between the two guitars?

Yes = 500

#3 User is offline   zombywoof 

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:58 PM

Problem with dream guitars is there is almost always a dreamier guitar lurking around the corner. I cannot recall how many times I thought to myself if I could get this or that guitar I would be set for life. Whatever. These days about the best I can do is divide my guitars into two categories. Those, barring some horrible slip into misfortune, that I have no intention of parting with and those where the possibility of them moving on remains open.

"I play so rough - I stomp 'em"
Bukka White

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users