Gibson Brands Forums

2018 / 2019 J-45

jon_bailey

I have just placed an order for my dream guitar, a 2018 J-45 ordered from a well known on-line UK store. It will be delivered tomorrow. I decided to take the plunge as the 2019 guitars are now being advertised at £500 more expensive than the 2018 models and yet from what I can see there is no discernible difference between the models? I was reluctant to purchase on line and would have preferred to try the guitar out first, but with such a good saving the guitar is £1699.00 I decided I would never get a chance to buy a brand new J-45 at that kind of price. Is there any difference between the two guitars?

Problem with dream guitars is there is almost always a dreamier guitar lurking around the corner. I cannot recall how many times I thought to myself if I could get this or that guitar I would be set for life. Whatever. These days about the best I can do is divide my guitars into two categories. Those, barring some horrible slip into misfortune, that I have no intention of parting with and those where the possibility of them moving on remains open.

Archived