Gibson Brands Forums

classic 57 and 57 plus wiring with 4 conductor wiring

zombiewuf

hello all:

This is my first post. I am attempting to wire my classic 57 humbuckers in my 2017 tradional pro. I have done a number of searchs but i always get the same diagrams which really dont tell me a lot. My emerson kit has two 500 k volumes with two push pull 500 k tones i want wire with coil split. the colors are red black white green bare, and i dont know how to wire the jack.

any help would be appreciated

post-88578-080328700 1539375746_thumb.jpg

The Jack is wired like this. The ground gets grounded to the back of the pot, and the hot wire goes to the side of the toggle switch that has 1 post on it.

sorry i guess i am too dense but i have three wires from the switch left one bare one white one black the red is going to middle lug of bridge pot, green to middle of neck volume what am i missing here where to solder the remaining i know bare is ground to pot but where to solder white and black of the swtich and how to connect the jack

sorry i guess i am too dense but i have three wires from the switch left one bare one white one black the red is going to middle lug of bridge pot, green to middle of neck volume what am i missing here where to solder the remaining i know bare is ground to pot but where to solder white and black of the swtich and how to connect the jack

are you trying to use the existing switch wires or are you running new ones?

existing

ok, the black wire from the toggle switch goes to the black wire of the jack. the bare goes to ground the red wire goes to the middle lug of the bridge volume and the white wire to the neck volume middle lug. then your pickup wires should go to the lugs on the right. then the other wire coming from the jack, gets grounded to the back of the pot.

Archived