Gibson Brands Forums

MCK on Les Paul Studio Robot

I have a Black, approx. 2010 Les Paul Studio Robot. The control knob (MCK) has pulled completely away from support shaft. The computer tape is still intact but the top will not stay firmly on the shaft. I can use needle-nose pliers to pull it out. How do I secure it back to the shaft? The light does not come on in the knob or the charger and, since it's been stored for a few years, the batts are completely dead. HELP PLEASE, WHAT'S MY NEXT MOVE?

Edited by fieldho

Okay, I answered my own questions but I'll put it on here in case anyone else had these problems. I checked my switch power supply and it looks like Gibson found the cheapest one they could for this beautiful guitar and it isn't producing any output. I'm sure I've used it about 3 times so I guess it died in the case. I have another on the way ($4.78) that will be the cheapest thing I have ever purchased for a Gibson guitar, ha! Now, the MCK or control knob, I'm old so I had to get out my magnifiers for this one. The knob has a set screw. I would guess it takes about a 1/32 allen wrench, somewhere between a .5mm and a 1mm. My first thought was that I would never be able to find one that size, then it struck me to look in the storage area in the case. Gibson included 2 in the plastic bag with the standard neck adjusting tool. Thanks guys, I guess one is an extra if you loose one, they are about 1 1/4" long, VERY TINY, so the knob is back on and the PW is on the way. I've found videos on the procedure for charging so I guess I'll be good to go. If PW works I'll order a couple of extras for standby. Sorry for the stupid questions but that's the way it goes sometime.

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

Is there a way to get these very tiny screw? I have a 2nd hand 2008 robot Les Paul and the screw of the MCK knob is missng. No spare parts in the guitar case so I can't use the guitar....

Any information is warmly welcome!

Thanks in advance.

MCK screw missing.jpg

• 9 months later...