Gibson Brands Forums

Biggie

Hello to all you Gibson owners and fans.

Firstly, I have to admit to being a lurker for a several years and have always enjoyed the review threads, others that explain the differences and model changes over the years.

Anyway I'm getting ahead of myself....I'm Ian and based in good ole Blighty (UK). I've been a fan of the brand for ages although like many it took me a good while to be able to afford one. I've owned all sorts of guitars over the years, Peavey T60, Yamaha SG1000 (and several others), Burny + Fernandes (LP's & Strat), Tokai (LP's), Charvel, Fender Strats, Tele's and obviously SG's, Les Pauls and too many others to mention. Indeed, I still have quite a few hidden away in the collection.

I always come back to my faves though, my Gibsons. I tend to favour our 90's Les Pauls, especially the played in plaintops, I just love the feel of them. I do have one Gibson that I'd like to find out more about as it seems slightly different to the regular versions I've seen. It is my Custom shop, Gibson Les Paul Custom in ebony black with gold hardware. It has a fairly chunky 50's style neck and came in a black custom Art historic case. The serial (CS41249) has never come up on the Gibson serial number checker which was always something I found strange. I think the guitar is a 2001 (possibly a 50's reissue?) but I may be completely wrong. I don't know if anyone on here has any other way of looking at the Gibson database or can offer up anything interesting about this guitar? It's always nice to know all there is to know about your favourite guitars and their history.

I look forwards to joining in with questions and comments.

Regards,

Ian

post-96023-068893100 1539624074_thumb.jpg

Ian,

Congratulations on steeping out of the shadows and joining our merry band of fanatics! Sadly, I am completely unqualified to comment on the origins of your beautiful Les Paul. Enjoy the forums! I'm sure someone here can help with your question.

Cheers,

Mike

Welcome to the forum Ian. msp_thumbup.gif Have you tried to contact Gibson Customer Service? They told me everything I wanted to know about mine over 5 years ago. I E-mailed: service@gibson.com and they responded pretty fast. You might want to talk to them? 1-800-4GIBSON Good luck.

Archived