Gibson Brands Forums

Honk

BluesKing777

I have 2 Waterloo guitars - one X braced and one ladder braced I just bought. I intended to use the ladder braced one for bottleneck, but the setup is really low electric guitar like and great for rags and blues, so I don't want to alter it just yet. Ladder bracing is better for slide, but.......

I put the Waterloo X braced in to Open G style tuning, only lower, and the guitar is 3 hairs higher in setup near the 12th fret than the other one, so...Voila! The other one has a home!

Here is my bottleneck version of the Stones' "Honkytonk Women" - the guitar has the Sunrise pickup and pre plus EQ to my Boss VE8 and the vocal is my Shure SM58 to the Boss VE8 - slide is my Diamond Bottlenecks Blue Diamond:

BluesKing777.

Nice! I dig your take on this classic.

I just got one of these last week to use on one of my cheapo resonators. Have you ever tried one of these things, or something similar?

Metal Nut Riser

I have one of the risers somewhere.....it works well, just make sure you put a bit of rubber or even a card under each end to prevent a big dent and mark in your guitar.

BluesKing777.

I should mention how fabulous this guitar is to actually ...play! For me.... :mellow: Skinny neck lovers beware!

It has a big V neck and wide bridge space like an old Gibson - this neck is identical to my 1935 Gibson L50 neck but a lot easier to play because it is....new, I guess. [unsure] (my L50 has a great setup but a few worn spots).

But this was at the shop at the time I watched the Norms Rare Video of a 32 Gibson L-00 in same tuxedo look, which of course sold before their video was even out on youtube. I can find about 10 of these locally if I want. But still I can't believe that after all these years someone has put out a new guitar like I wanted! And I could buy 4 of these for the value of the old L-00.

Thanks Bill, RIP!

BluesKing777.

Archived