Gibson Brands Forums

GLAD TO BE HERE

fieldho

I have been enjoying all the talk on this forum for years but I don't think I ever introduced myself. I was fortunate enough to win a 2009 Gibson Ebony Les Paul Robot from a sweepstakes at Sweetwater.com back in 2009. I have really enjoyed becoming a member of the Gibson group. Since I'm not a professional guitarist, I would never be able to justify purchasing a NEW Gibson but I have really enjoyed this one. As with most musicians, performing or not, I have had a wonderful time on this journey and will continue to follow here. I would also like to give a thumbs up to Sweetwater who have always been very helpful to me and my needs. Thanks guys!

Welcome aboard fieldho. I've won a few music-related things over the years, but nothing as nice as your LP. I don't buy a lot of gear, but a lot of it is purchased from Sweetwater.

I'm familiar with your "stomping grounds." I was stationed in New Orleans for ten years (1988-98) and our Area of Reponsibility (AOR) were the states of Louisiana and Mississippi. Work-wise, I spent a lot of time in Hattiesburg, Jackson and Oxford, along with Gulfport and Biloxi on the Gulf Coast. I also spent a lot of time on my Harley back in those days and enjoyed rides up to/through Natchez and Vicksburg on a regular basis.

Archived