Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello from Sao Paulo, Brazil !!

#1 User is offline   Fernando_BR 

• Group: All Access

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:47 PM

Hello everyone!
My name is Fernando and I'm from Sao Paulo, Brazil.
First of all, I would like to thank you for allowing me to be part of this community. I'm truly honored!
I'm a music enthusiast on the restless journey of studying guitar. I am very eclectic in relation to music but I am more familiar with classic rock, blues and hard rock.
Although I have a couple of guitars that I love, after 5 years looking for a specific model, I finally found it last weekend and yesterday was a very special day for me: I received a message from Gibson Customer Service confirming its authenticity as well as the result of a trustworthy luthier with whom I analyzed every single detail of the guitar. I could not be happier! it's a Gibson USA AFD ... yes I know that many say that Slash is limited to pentatonic scales but I'm a fan ... it was part of my adolescence ... what can I do? 🤷🏻‍♂️☺️
Well, that’s it ... As a new member of the community, just wanted to say hello, to share my joy in realizing this dream and to say that I hope to learn a lot from all of you as well as to contributing to the topics that I may have some knowledge of.
Finally, I would like to share a photo of the “new member of the family”, as well as another one with my "Vermillion" which I acquired a few years ago.
Thanks again guys! Cheers! 🤟🏻🎸🎶

https://flic.kr/p/2cE2fAd

https://flic.kr/p/2cE2fA3

#2 User is offline   ksdaddy 

• Carpe carp (seize the carp)
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:35 PM

Are you familiar with this business? The owner is a good friend of mine.

http://www.webinstru...r25GjnXFkQje2F4

#3 User is offline   Fernando_BR 

Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:24 PM

ksdaddy, on 07 November 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

Are you familiar with this business? The owner is a good friend of mine.

http://www.webinstru...r25GjnXFkQje2F4

Hey! Actually not ... They are located in a city named Sorocaba ... Although it is pretty close to Sao Paulo (60 miles), usually I go to local providers / businesses. Just searched some info about them ... it seems they have a very good business there ... very good rating!
Happy to hear you have some good friends down here! Just let me know in case you need local information, okay!?
Cheers!

#4 User is offline   ksdaddy 

• Carpe carp (seize the carp)
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:58 PM

One of my favorite guitars is a cheap laminated classical, not even a full size. It's a Seresta, made by Giannini in 1988. It was owned by a missionary who carried it with him all through the US, Mexico, and parts of South America. It was almost destroyed when I bought it in 2005 for $10. I refretted it and replaced the top bracing. Sadly, Gianninis are all made in China now.

#5 User is offline   Fernando_BR 

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:25 AM

ksdaddy, on 07 November 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

One of my favorite guitars is a cheap laminated classical, not even a full size. It's a Seresta, made by Giannini in 1988. It was owned by a missionary who carried it with him all through the US, Mexico, and parts of South America. It was almost destroyed when I bought it in 2005 for $10. I refretted it and replaced the top bracing. Sadly, Gianninis are all made in China now.

Awesome! Giannini was a traditional local family business down here ... I believe it was founded in 1900 by italian imigrants ... They faced a couple of crisis during the World Wars and started exporting to other South America countries ... Coincidentally it was my first electric guitar when I was 12 yo ... a Birthday present from my parents 😊 ... It was a “Sonic”, the simplest / cheapest electric guitar they built at that time ... My first contact with electric guitars .... really loved it ... good memories 😊 ... unfortunately I had to sell it a few years later in order to make money to buy a new one ... really miss it ... At that time it was almost impossible to have a “Made in USA” guitar down here ...
Well ... I see you have some connections with Brazil 🇧🇷 my friend! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👊🏻🎸🎶

#6 User is offline   FemmeParallell 

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 November 2018 - 04:22 PM

View PostFernando_BR, on 07 November 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

Hello everyone!
My name is Fernando and I'm from Sao Paulo, Brazil.
First of all, I would like to thank you for allowing me to be part of this community. I'm truly honored!
I'm a music enthusiast on the restless journey of studying guitar. I am very eclectic in relation to music but I am more familiar with classic rock, blues and hard rock.
Although I have a couple of guitars that I love, after 5 years looking for a specific model, I finally found it last weekend and yesterday was a very special day for me: I received a message from Gibson Customer Service confirming its authenticity as well as the result of a trustworthy luthier with whom I analyzed every single detail of the guitar. I could not be happier! it's a Gibson USA AFD ... yes I know that many say that Slash is limited to pentatonic scales but I'm a fan ... it was part of my adolescence ... what can I do? 🤷🏻‍♂️☺️
Well, that's it ... As a new member of the community, just wanted to say hello, to share my joy in realizing this dream and to say that I hope to learn a lot from all of you as well as to contributing to the topics that I may have some knowledge of.
Finally, I would like to share a photo of the "new member of the family", as well as another one with my "Vermillion" which I acquired a few years ago.
Thanks again guys! Cheers! 🤟🏻🎸🎶

https://flic.kr/p/2cE2fAd

https://flic.kr/p/2cE2fA3

Welcome Fernando! there's a lot of Slash fans out there, im one n_n awesome you have 2 of his guitars! Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Retired 

• The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:32 PM

Welcome to the Gibson forums Fernando. Posted Image Very nice to have you join and you have 2 very nice guitars.
Thanks for sharing.

This post has been edited by Retired: 09 November 2018 - 07:33 PM

Herman

#8 User is offline   Fernando_BR 

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:58 AM

FemmeParallell, on 08 November 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

Welcome Fernando! there's a lot of Slash fans out there, im one n_n awesome you have 2 of his guitars! Posted Image

Hello FemmeParallell, thanks for the message! Happy to become a member of the community and also to know there is a lot of Slash fans around (just like the two of us 🎩🎸🎶)!
This weekend I will be able to explore the topics under discussion ... For me it is a rich source of information, will learn a lot from you guys! Hope to be able to contribute as well ...
Well, thanks again and have a great weekend!

#9 User is offline   Fernando_BR 

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:15 AM

Retired, on 09 November 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

Welcome to the Gibson forums Fernando. Posted Image Very nice to have you join and you have 2 very nice guitars.
Thanks for sharing.

Hello Retired! Thanks for the welcome message! Happy to become a member of the Gibson community!
Regarding the guitars, thanks for the compliments! I grew up listening to GnR so it’s easy to guess who was my inspiration on playing guitar ... 🎩🎸🎶😬 I have a couple of other guitars however these two are my favorite at the moment ... couldn’t be happier!
I will be able to explore the topics under discussion over the weekend and I’m very excited about that. As I mentioned in another message here, it is a rich source of information and knowledge where I can learn a lot from you guys! Hopefully will also be able to contribute to the topics I may have some info to add.
Well, thanks again for the welcome message and have a great weekend!
Cheers!

#10 User is offline   tx-ogre 

• Pup Tentacle
  • LocationIn My Excentrifugal Forz

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:34 PM

Welcome aboard Fernando. Enjoy your stay.

#11 User is offline   Fernando_BR 

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:05 AM

tx-ogre, on 10 November 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

Welcome aboard Fernando. Enjoy your stay.

Thanks a lot man! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users