Gibson Brands Forums

Hello from Sao Paulo, Brazil !!

Fernando_BR

Hello everyone!

My name is Fernando and I'm from Sao Paulo, Brazil.

First of all, I would like to thank you for allowing me to be part of this community. I'm truly honored!

I'm a music enthusiast on the restless journey of studying guitar. I am very eclectic in relation to music but I am more familiar with classic rock, blues and hard rock.

Although I have a couple of guitars that I love, after 5 years looking for a specific model, I finally found it last weekend and yesterday was a very special day for me: I received a message from Gibson Customer Service confirming its authenticity as well as the result of a trustworthy luthier with whom I analyzed every single detail of the guitar. I could not be happier! it's a Gibson USA AFD ... yes I know that many say that Slash is limited to pentatonic scales but I'm a fan ... it was part of my adolescence ... what can I do? ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธโ˜บ๏ธ

Well, thatโ€™s it ... As a new member of the community, just wanted to say hello, to share my joy in realizing this dream and to say that I hope to learn a lot from all of you as well as to contributing to the topics that I may have some knowledge of.

Finally, I would like to share a photo of the โ€œnew member of the familyโ€, as well as another one with my "Vermillion" which I acquired a few years ago.

Thanks again guys! Cheers! ๐ŸคŸ๐Ÿป๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽถ

ย 

https://flic.kr/p/2cE2fAd

ย 

https://flic.kr/p/2cE2fA3

Are you familiar with this business? The owner is a good friend of mine.

ย 

http://www.webinstrumentos.com.br/?fbclid=IwAR35oiZ1LcB3EoBqexzytz0OPclnFnyacsvR1nXSC4fzr25GjnXFkQje2F4

ย 

Hey! Actually not ... They are located in a city named Sorocaba ... Although it is pretty close to Sao Paulo (60 miles), usually I go to local providers / businesses. Just searched some info about them ... it seems they have a very good business there ... very good rating!

Happy to hear you have some good friends down here! Just let me know in case you need local information, okay!?

Cheers!

One of my favorite guitars is a cheap laminated classical, not even a full size. It's a Seresta, made by Giannini in 1988. It was owned by a missionary who carried it with him all through the US, Mexico, and parts of South America. It was almost destroyed when I bought it in 2005 for $10. I refretted it and replaced the top bracing. Sadly, Gianninis are all made in China now.

One of my favorite guitars is a cheap laminated classical, not even a full size. It's a Seresta, made by Giannini in 1988. It was owned by a missionary who carried it with him all through the US, Mexico, and parts of South America. It was almost destroyed when I bought it in 2005 for $10. I refretted it and replaced the top bracing. Sadly, Gianninis are all made in China now.

ย 

Awesome! Giannini was a traditional local family business down here ... I believe it was founded in 1900 by italian imigrants ... They faced a couple of crisis during the World Wars and started exporting to other South America countries ... Coincidentally it was my first electric guitar when I was 12 yo ... a Birthday present from my parents ๐Ÿ˜Š ... It was a โ€œSonicโ€, the simplest / cheapest electric guitar they built at that time ... My first contact with electric guitars .... really loved it ... good memories ๐Ÿ˜Š ... unfortunately I had to sell it a few years later in order to make money to buy a new one ... really miss it ... At that time it was almost impossible to have a โ€œMade in USAโ€ guitar down here ...

Well ... I see you have some connections with Brazil ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท my friend! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽถ

Hello everyone!

My name is Fernando and I'm from Sao Paulo, Brazil.

First of all, I would like to thank you for allowing me to be part of this community. I'm truly honored!

I'm a music enthusiast on the restless journey of studying guitar. I am very eclectic in relation to music but I am more familiar with classic rock, blues and hard rock.

Although I have a couple of guitars that I love, after 5 years looking for a specific model, I finally found it last weekend and yesterday was a very special day for me: I received a message from Gibson Customer Service confirming its authenticity as well as the result of a trustworthy luthier with whom I analyzed every single detail of the guitar. I could not be happier! it's a Gibson USA AFD ... yes I know that many say that Slash is limited to pentatonic scales but I'm a fan ... it was part of my adolescence ... what can I do? ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธโ˜บ๏ธ

Well, that's it ... As a new member of the community, just wanted to say hello, to share my joy in realizing this dream and to say that I hope to learn a lot from all of you as well as to contributing to the topics that I may have some knowledge of.

Finally, I would like to share a photo of the "new member of the family", as well as another one with my "Vermillion" which I acquired a few years ago.

Thanks again guys! Cheers! ๐ŸคŸ๐Ÿป๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽถ

ย 

https://flic.kr/p/2cE2fAd

ย 

https://flic.kr/p/2cE2fA3

ย 

ย 

Welcome Fernando! there's a lot of Slash fans out there, im one n_n awesome you have 2 of his guitars! msp_thumbup.gif

Welcome Fernando! there's a lot of Slash fans out there, im one n_n awesome you have 2 of his guitars! msp_thumbup.gif

Hello FemmeParallell, thanks for the message! Happy to become a member of the community and also to know there is a lot of Slash fans around (just like the two of us ๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽถ)!

This weekend I will be able to explore the topics under discussion ... For me it is a rich source of information, will learn a lot from you guys! Hope to be able to contribute as well ...

Well, thanks again and have a great weekend!

Welcome to the Gibson forums Fernando. msp_thumbup.gif Very nice to have you join and you have 2 very nice guitars.

Thanks for sharing.

Hello Retired! Thanks for the welcome message! Happy to become a member of the Gibson community!

Regarding the guitars, thanks for the compliments! I grew up listening to GnR so itโ€™s easy to guess who was my inspiration on playing guitar ... ๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I have a couple of other guitars however these two are my favorite at the moment ... couldnโ€™t be happier!

I will be able to explore the topics under discussion over the weekend and Iโ€™m very excited about that. As I mentioned in another message here, it is a rich source of information and knowledge where I can learn a lot from you guys! Hopefully will also be able to contribute to the topics I may have some info to add.

Well, thanks again for the welcome message and have a great weekend!

Cheers!

Archived