Gibson Brands Forums

I am the Rockguitarist

Rockgitarristen

Hi every body :) I just joined the forum, I could not find anything about LPX so I'm going to share some info and thoughts about my LPX Transulent Black 2013 but first a short intro aboute me.

I've been playing guitar for over 40 years, my first electric guitar was a '70 LP double cutaway, since then i bought at least one Gibson every ten years, my oldest one is an ES125 '58 and the newest is my LPX 2013 and I'm very pleased with most of it, i play on a Marshall Artist stack and at home with the two 6,5" speakers i put in the top ;)

i have also built in a Yamaha REX50 in the top on the effect loop and it served me well sins the '80 with more effects than a had use for :)

My professions overlaps, i started as a plumber at 15 and at 18 i started a music store then license welder, now computer technician and sales.

I played in a couple of bands Hight Flying blues band VIISION Zion87 Countryboys and has been touring in Sweden and Germany for 10 years and then Mygelbandet and Blackthunders not guitar but 5 and 6string bass for a couple of years.

kind regards Bernt "Rockgitarristen"

Welcome aboard Rockguitarist. msp_thumbup.gif Nice to have you here too. What a wonderful idea, one Gibson every 10 years. rolleyes.gif Why didn't I ever think of that? I need to run that one by the wife and tell her I need 5 more Gibsons to catch up on lost time. After all, I gave up around 13 guitars or so when I married her. msp_flapper.gif

Thank you Herman [thumbup]

Ouch! 13, that was cruel, i hope you kept the best ones, but sometimes they can be a good buffer, i think i also had around 13 guitars when i got married, but i kept 8 and then over the last 24 years i bought 10 more hehe, i usually tell unmarried to get as manny guitars motorcycles and other fun things you can before you get married cause late it will be more difficult, everything goes to diapers baby wipes and curtains and a family car [rolleyes]

Thank you Herman [thumbup]

Ouch! 13, that was cruel, i hope you kept the best ones, but sometimes they can be a good buffer, i think i also had around 13 guitars when i got married, but i kept 8 and then over the last 24 years i bought 10 more hehe, i usually tell unmarried to get as manny guitars motorcycles and other fun things you can before you get married cause late it will be more difficult, everything goes to diapers baby wipes and curtains and a family car [rolleyes]

No, We moved into a small house and not much room, I kept my Big Tube amp and about 3 guitars but 3 years later when our son came she kept wanting me to get rid of the rest for more room. So about 30 years old I got rid of it all. When I left the Railroad at 60, I figured now I'm retired I can get back into it again. I have 7 guitars and 2 amps now. Trying to go for the finer ones I can afford. I have 2-LP Standards, 1-LP Custom, a Gretsch, Fender modified Jaguar a !2 string Yamaha, a Ovation Celebrity Koa top acoustic and a Oscar Schmidt acoustic I need to repair. Thats not bad. Whats bad is the drag racing I gave up for her. msp_flapper.gif Ha ha.

i am not totaly retired yet but iam sitting home with neck back and joint isues but am still runing my computer service and hang out with my guitars :)

You have a very nice selection of guitars and with good sound variations [thumbup]

Which pickup configuration on your Jaguar? I bought myself one when in turn 50, a "Gibson concept Fender" mahogany Tune-o-matic and P90

Jaguar.jpg

i am not totaly retired yet but iam sitting home with neck back and joint isues but am still runing my computer service and hang out with my guitars :)

You have a very nice selection of guitars and with good sound variations [thumbup]

Which pickup configuration on your Jaguar? I bought myself one when in turn 50, a "Gibson concept Fender" mahogany Tune-o-matic and P90

Jaguar.jpg

Honestly I cant remember. I don't play it as much as the Les Pauls. Whenever I get it out my Doberman barks and howls till I put it away. Ha ha..It has that metal plate that shines on the ceiling and walls and he goes nuts trying to get the light.

Honestly I cant remember. I don't play it as much as the Les Pauls. Whenever I get it out my Doberman barks and howls till I put it away. Ha ha..It has that metal plate that shines on the ceiling and walls and he goes nuts trying to get the light.

Yea its greate with dogs haha [laugh] At first i thought it was the Jaguar that howls, maybe its the one with singelcoils

H84282000001001-00-500x500.jpg

Yea its greate with dogs haha [laugh] At first i thought it was the Jaguar that howls, maybe its the one with singelcoils

H84282000001001-00-500x500.jpg

Yes, except mine is surf green and I play mostly Ventures and surf songs on it. That is, when he's sleeping in bed with the wife Haha.

Willkommen, Rockgitarristen

Wir freuen uns, Sie an bord des guten Schiffes USS Gibson zu haben, mate.

Es klingt, als hätten Sie ein gutes Leben und eine interessante musikalische Karriere gehabt!

Schön, dass Sie sich uns anschließen, Sir.

:)

Danke vielmals!

Ich steige an Bord des guten USS Gibson-Schiffes und sehe, wohin es uns bringt, Kumpel

Ja, meine Musikkarriere war meistens nett und interessant, obwohl sie niemals so sein wird, wie Sie es sich vorgestellt haben

Wir sehen uns unter den Gitarren, Sir;)

Danke vielmals!

Ich steige an Bord des guten USS Gibson-Schiffes und sehe, wohin es uns bringt, Kumpel

Ja, meine Musikkarriere war meistens nett und interessant, obwohl sie niemals so sein wird, wie Sie es sich vorgestellt haben

Wir sehen uns unter den Gitarren, Sir;)

On this Thanksgiving holiday, I give thanks for wonderful fellows like you, Bernt.

It's good to make friends with nice guitar players from across the big pond.

I lived in Germany for many, many years, and miss those days terribly.

My first wife's family is from Mannheim Sandhofen.

Ich denke, Sie werden es genießen, Teil der Gibson-Foren zu sein.

:)

Archived