Gibson Brands Forums

grovers are imports- silent conspiracy !

jvi

Does any of this mean anything? I don't know or care. I just like playing Gibsons.....and some Martins.....and some Yamahas and a French guitar (have no idea where it was made). I also like The Beatles and Johnny Cash, all who knew and liked each other. I like Lightfoot, Ian Tyson, Joanie Mitchell. Doesn't matter if someone else agrees or disagrees. I like what I like. Has little, if anything to do with where they or it originated.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, LAG guitars are made somewhere south of Paris, I think. Bought mine "used" about ten years ago. Called a Tramotane or something. Bought it used for $125 from a friend. My only nylon string guitar. I don't gig with it, but it's actually a sweet little guitar. The pickup quit working shortly after I bought it, but I didn't care. All I ever do is noodle-around with it anyway. Different and quiet tone from the steel-string monsters. I keep it in my train room downstairs. Don't recall ever breaking one of those nylon strings, but then again, I'm a pretty gentle fingerpicker.....and BTW, I don't know if the tuners were made in France or imported from Asia....lol... [thumbup]

Does any of this mean anything? I don't know or care. I just like playing Gibsons.....and some Martins.....and some Yamahas and a French guitar (have no idea where it was made). I also like The Beatles and Johnny Cash, all who knew and liked each other. I like Lightfoot, Ian Tyson, Joanie Mitchell. Doesn't matter if someone else agrees or disagrees. I like what I like. Has little, if anything to do with where they or it originated.

IF YOU DONT CARE DONT COMMENT ITS RUDE

Go buy a guitar with all the parts from the same country or shut it. Blah Blah Blah Imported. I guess you don't get it, your Gibson is made with parts from not just the USA, but other counties as well. Its the way it is. Do we have to explain it to you again. If you are unhappy with that answer sell the f-ing thing an buy Canadian.

MY OPINION IS ALLOWED - YOU CAN BUY AMERICAN AND PLAY IMPORT CONTAINING JOB KILLING SHEET PARTS IF YOU LIKE -- YOU ALL MISSED MY POINT MISSED MY INTENTION AND MISSED THE BOWL TOO IM SURE

You can have an opinion all day long that does not change the fact your Made In USA Gibson has some parts not Made In The USA. End of Story. Then don't buy a Gibson. Simple as that. Get off your high horse and call 1-800- Gibson and snivel to them. Your rhetoric is past old.

7221 posts and counting.

Gibson here use case's made in canada - thanks for saying I can have an opinion you can too also I will buy all and any guitars I like including my recent made in indonesia gretsch, I actually like gibson guitars, like Ive said my point was completely missed

How about don't buy American made guitars with imported tuners? It's silent conspiracy that no one but you knew about till you shared. It's anarchy.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz buy american -help support asia !!

jvi, this stuff is getting old. It's unhealthy for you to be stalking this thread all day long every day trying to get a response. Are you that immature that you cannot control your compulsive posts? You have a problem, and you need to see a doctor, because trolling internet forums is a symptom of a deeper rooted issue within. Either this or you need to work on your social skills - IDK, I'm not a psychologist, but I KNOW you aren't normal. You're acting like some righteous individual, yet you defeat your cause because you approach it with others very poorly. Once again, either you need education on social networking how to be a civil person - not immature - or you need psychological help, because you are turning into an anti-social troll. There's a reason your reputation on this forum is in the red... No one likes what you are contributing because it is obvious nonsense when there are a majority of people here who want to positively contribute. Go on as you wish, but damn, what is your intention now here with nearly 200 posts of utter trash... Don't you have something better to do than troll a Gibson forum? Really? You're turning into THAT guy. Learn from Bambi... If you don't have anything nice to say DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL! Nagging - what you're doing - is not nice FYI. Again, nearly 200 posts of utter garbage. Nothing whatsoever enriching here and we are not here to help your psychological disorders on a Gibson acoustic guitar forum. I mean, this is not only 200 like posts, but it's going on for DAYS! It's just stupid...

jvi, this stuff is getting old. It's unhealthy for you to be stalking this thread all day long every day trying to get a response. Are you that immature that you cannot control your compulsive posts? You have a problem, and you need to see a doctor, because trolling internet forums is a symptom of a deeper rooted issue within. Either this or you need to work on your social skills - IDK, I'm not a psychologist, but I KNOW you aren't normal. You're acting like some righteous individual, yet you defeat your cause because you approach it with others very poorly. Once again, either you need education on social networking how to be a civil person - not immature - or you need psychological help, because you are turning into an anti-social troll. There's a reason your reputation on this forum is in the red... No one likes what you are contributing because it is obvious nonsense when there are a majority of people here who want to positively contribute. Go on as you wish, but damn, what is your intention now here with nearly 200 posts of utter trash... Don't you have something better to do than troll a Gibson forum? Really? You're turning into THAT guy. Learn from Bambi... If you don't have anything nice to say DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL! Nagging - what you're doing - is not nice FYI. Again, nearly 200 posts of utter garbage. Nothing whatsoever enriching here and we are not here to help your psychological disorders on a Gibson acoustic guitar forum. I mean, this is not only 200 like posts, but it's going on for DAYS! It's just stupid...

you are just adding to the **** MODS BAR ME PLEASE AND **** ALL OF YOU FZ THE **** CAN HAVE HIS WIN BUT IT MEANS ZIP

The early Saturday Night Live crew (John Balushi, Gilda Radner, Greg Morris, etc.) would have had a blast with this stuff.............On the serious side, my mom had a severe stroke a couple days ago. She's 93. Things like that help/force us to look at life from a different perspective. For most of us in this forum, I think a musical instrument that we bond with can be very relaxing to play. I find Gibsons very relaxing and even therapeutic. I'm not concerned with where some of the parts came from. I'm just glad I have them. Enjoy your guitars and the fact that you can play them. Lots of people can't. [thumbup]

He is probably off complaining in some other forum about useless drivel only he gives a rat a-ss about. He is a Canuck and failed to see the logic of his own guitar that he bought in his country is an import. But he wants his imported guitar to have all parts from said country that exports it. I think he never made it out of Grade 6 (which is how they say it up in Canuckland).

I do love Canada and me and the wife want to go back to Toronto.

you are ridiculous I think you must wish you made it to grade 6, also I dont keep this thread going it seems to be all the folks who like to gang up when someone has a thought they dont agree with - FZ you need help,your buds too- too those to dense to get what Ive been saying-I like gibson guitars just thought a discussion about getting usa tuners would be interesting, I never said gibson was bad I bought one so I think your points are uninformed as to my intent

We do, but more than that we want you to move on and snivel somewhere else. Seriously how old are you? You have gone on long incessant tirades about imported tuners Gibson puts on the guitars they make that you will never be able to change until you become the CEO.

good luck you seem to be doing the sniveling fz- I will respond to posts in this topic as they appear

you are ridiculous I think you must wish you made it to grade 6, also I dont keep this thread going it seems to be all the folks who like to gang up when someone has a thought they dont agree with - FZ you need help,your buds too- too those to dense to get what Ive been saying-I like gibson guitars just thought a discussion about getting usa tuners would be interesting, I never said gibson was bad I bought one so I think your points are uninformed as to my intent

Just because the majority of people don’t agree with your thoughts doesn’t mean they are ganging up on you

Just because the majority of people don’t agree with your thoughts doesn’t mean they are ganging up on you

seems some are actually, and getting personal which makes me respond in kind-I shouldnt- I did not start thread to dis Gibson or anyone else

Usual passive aggressive thread initiation

Issue with imported tuners this time

Always ends uo the same

Original poster now thinks we’re all stupid because we didn’t agree

Next please

That was nice, thank you very much!

You know, there was a time when I could stop almost any thread on this forum simple by posting. Seems like these times are over, don't know if thats a good or a bad thing.

Mayby I'll try my favorite emoticon which seem to work like a charm back in the day....

](*,)

seems some are actually, and getting personal which makes me respond in kind-I shouldnt- I did not start thread to dis Gibson or anyone else

Hi jvi,

Let's analyze this here... The title of your thread and the participants here generally don't care about imported tuners - or guitar components for that matter. I mean, back in the 80s, Schaller - German company - used to make Gibson's bridges and tuners, etc. on their Les Paul Customs... That was nearly 40 years ago too. No one in 40 years has had as much passion (at least that I know about) about where the guitar parts come from - and this is not only tuners... It is not a "silent" conspiracy... We mean no disrespect, but you want to keep this going on and morph it into something else off topic. I ask you a question... Do you want to positively contribute and let this issue go? It's not about ganging up or any of that. I've started threads that were irritating to others here too, and I just let them die. Not everyone here is going to like you. No use trying to argue for days on end because someone passionately disagrees with you here. I guarantee if you start to positively contribute, you will attract more bees with honey as the saying goes. I apologize if you take anything I said in disrespect that you interpreted it that way. But again, I personally don't give a hoot if my "USA" made guitar has imported parts on it - so long as their QC insures that the imported parts aren't POS.

And to add, most PLAYERS will replace the nut, tuners, bridges, knobs, etc. on a guitar if they don't like them - no matter where they come from. All countries make good stuff and crap, so you have to assess what works and what doesn't. No need to get personal here. Be the bigger man and walk away if you feel that it's getting there from someone... It's only words and shouldn't affect your day like that if you have to elevate your feelings to that level.

Hi jvi,

Let's analyze this here... The title of your thread and the participants here generally don't care about imported tuners - or guitar components for that matter. I mean, back in the 80s, Schaller - German company - used to make Gibson's bridges and tuners, etc. on their Les Paul Customs... That was nearly 40 years ago too. No one in 40 years has had as much passion (at least that I know about) about where the guitar parts come from - and this is not only tuners... It is not a "silent" conspiracy... We mean no disrespect, but you want to keep this going on and morph it into something else off topic. I ask you a question... Do you want to positively contribute and let this issue go? It's not about ganging up or any of that. I've started threads that were irritating to others here too, and I just let them die. Not everyone here is going to like you. No use trying to argue for days on end because someone passionately disagrees with you here. I guarantee if you start to positively contribute, you will attract more bees with honey as the saying goes. I apologize if you take anything I said in disrespect that you interpreted it that way. But again, I personally don't give a hoot if my "USA" made guitar has imported parts on it - so long as their QC insures that the imported parts aren't POS.

And to add, most PLAYERS will replace the nut, tuners, bridges, knobs, etc. on a guitar if they don't like them - no matter where they come from. All countries make good stuff and crap, so you have to assess what works and what doesn't. No need to get personal here. Be the bigger man and walk away if you feel that it's getting there from someone... It's only words and shouldn't affect your day like that if you have to elevate your feelings to that level.

well said and thanks for being rational

Archived