Gibson Brands Forums

1958 Texan Headstock Logo

don21480

Newbie here - I've got a 1958 transition Epiphone Texan and part of the logo and the emblem are missing. It appears that whats left of the logo is a backing of some sort. anybody know more about this? I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to restore the logo and replace the emblem as this guitar is a player not a collector so I don't think it will diminish the value - thoughts?

post-96736-099262800 1542039739_thumb.jpg

Newbie here - I've got a 1958 transition Epiphone Texan and part of the logo and the emblem are missing. It appears that whats left of the logo is a backing of some sort. anybody know more about this? I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to restore the logo and replace the emblem as this guitar is a player not a collector so I don't think it will diminish the value - thoughts?

I think it’s kinda cool looking the way it is. I’d leave it as is.

Show us the rest of the guitar...

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

I think it’s kinda cool looking the way it is. I’d leave it as is.

Show us the rest of the guitar...

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Agreed.There's something to be said about an old guitar that has been played/loved. Have you seen Willie Nelson's "Trigger"? I do, however, appreciate your thoughts on restoration. If you're gonna do that, I'd recommend a good luthier to do it right (not judging your ability, just that he may have resources you don't). And yeah, let's see the rest of the guitar!

Archived