Gibson Brands Forums

Hello and Challenger II pictures

musicaine

Hi !

New member from Paris, France. I’m a professional guitarist and have a recording studio, Sipo Matador.

I play guitar since I’m 8 (now42), I’ve started with classical music then took my father’s Stratocaster / Twin Reverb and played my first blues licks. I have studied musical theory and jazz. I’m open to every genre of music. My main influences are : Page, Slash, Hendrix, Wes, all Steely Dan guitarists, BB & Albert King and so many more...

I’ve owned a few Gibson, Les Paul, ES, SG and today I’ve kept a 1999 ES 335 TDC with HepCat Pickups, a 2015 ES 335 (black) and a Gibson Challenger II with a vibrato and 2 Di Marzio humbuckers.

Would like to share some pictures first

post-96744-035733100 1542122764_thumb.jpeg

Edited by musicaine

• 1 month later...

Hi !

New member from Paris, France. I’m a professional guitarist and have a recording studio, Sipo Matador.

I play guitar since I’m 8 (now42), I’ve started with classical music then took my father’s Stratocaster / Twin Reverb and played my first blues licks. I have studied musical theory and jazz. I’m open to every genre of music. My main influences are : Page, Slash, Hendrix, Wes, all Steely Dan guitarists, BB & Albert King and so many more...

I’ve owned a few Gibson, Les Paul, ES, SG and today I’ve kept a 1999 ES 335 TDC with HepCat Pickups, a 2015 ES 335 (black) and a Gibson Challenger II with a vibrato and 2 Di Marzio humbuckers.

Would like to share some pictures first

Hello Musicaine, I just joined, as well. I've played since age 13 (now 48), played trash metal & studied classical and Flamenco guitar. My first(electric) guitar was a Challenger II. At one point I owned a '76 Firebird V Bicentenial, & about 9 years ago I bought another Challenger II out of nostalgia.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old topic, but I’m hoping OP might still be around. I’m trying to upgrade the pups in my Challenger II and I’m running into the issue with regular humbuckers being smaller than the holes for the three-screw stock pups. There is a gap of about 1/8” around the new pup (see pics) That OP’s pictures appear to have figured out a workaround. 

If anyone has any thoughts, they’d be greatly appreciated!

B85B0D5F-2B4E-4A21-B6F7-2BFE0E821EF9.jpeg

B36E22FF-7240-44FC-865F-B01C62922D93.jpeg