Gibson Brands Forums

Somebody Is On Puppy Chow

zombywoof

Speaking of puppy chow, Gary's Classic has a 1948 D-28 for sale for $47,000. In fairness, the guitar and case literally look like they were just made yesterday. The case even has a slipcover. The sale includes the original bill of sale from 1948, for $155.

I've been looking at D-28's from the late 40' through 50's. This one is priced obscenely high by comparison with others, but for a collector who wants a like-new 70 year old D-28, this might be the one, as long as money is no object.

We know those folks are out there.

Personally, I'd rather have one with some play wear. A 70-year-old guitar that looks unplayed just ain't natural. Plus, you'd be afraid to put a scratch on it.

I clicked on this thread because I was curious what someone "on puppy chow" would do. Still not sure that I grasp the analogy... does it mean the person is young and naive, or that ingestion of "puppy chow" causes hallucinations... or what? [confused]

I clicked on this thread because I was curious what someone "on puppy chow" would do. Still not sure that I grasp the analogy... does it mean the person is young and naive, or that ingestion of "puppy chow" causes hallucinations... or what? [confused]

Urban Dictionary defines puppy chow as crack coated sticky MJ buds, among other obscene definitions.

Archived