Gibson Brands Forums

Lost Allen nut

npj-551

Help! I have lost the middle allen nut/screw for my 2017 Les Paul HP. It has a Titanium Zero Nut. It simply fell out while i was changing the strings and disappeared forever.

The nut is just being held by the strings. Is there a replacement to be found? I don't know the size of this allen screw, and i'm pretty sure it's a Gibson made part that can't be regularly found in a hardware. I have emailed Gibson customer service and no reply 4 weeks now.

Also, i don't live in USA/Canada, i'm in Trinidad and Tobago. So the hardwares aren't stocked or carry the stuff like Home Depot and Lowe's, etc.

See picture below. Middle allen screw missing. Need replacement. Thanks a lot for any help or suggestions.

P35YSRy.jpg

Help! I have lost the middle allen nut/screw for my 2017 Les Paul HP. It has a Titanium Zero Nut. It simply fell out while i was changing the strings and disappeared forever.

The nut is just being held by the strings. Is there a replacement to be found? I don't know the size of this allen screw, and i'm pretty sure it's a Gibson made part that can't be regularly found in a hardware. I have emailed Gibson customer service and no reply 4 weeks now.

Also, i don't live in USA/Canada, i'm in Trinidad and Tobago. So the hardwares aren't stocked or carry the stuff like Home Depot and Lowe's, etc.

See picture below. Middle allen screw missing. Need replacement. Thanks a lot for any help or suggestions.

P35YSRy.jpg

BRO, CALL 1-800-4GIBSON(1-800-444-2766) in the USA....dialing from outside the USA you will have to dial +1-800-4GIBSON(+1-800-444-2766).You might even have to dial +11-800-444-2766,ID Remember as its been a while since I dialed a USA 800# from outside the USA...Any operator can dial it for you or tell you how to dial into the states from Trinidad.

Call during normal Business hours in the Eastern USA Time Zone, say around 12 NOON, your time... where you are! You might wait forever to get a reply from an e-mail...BUT IF IF IF you correctly dial GIBSON's Customer Service Phone# in the USA on a regular business day, during business hours (9AM-5PM) they will pick up the phone and talk to you and send you your part. I have done this many times! NOTE: During this time of year it may take 2-3 weeks to get the part, 4-6 weeks due to being outside the country BUT YOU WILL GET THE PART YOU NEED !!! GIBSON has never failed me like this.You could also probably pay to have FEDEX go there and make a Pick-up or have GIBSON expedite the shipping with FEDEX themselves, I am sure they deal with shipping companies the world over.

GOOD LUCK, and make that call !!!

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update for any future persons who need the same help.

I contacted Gibson via their inline email chat on their help page.

After a few weeks, and some back and forth questioning, they sent me the screw FedEx under warranty.

2nd issue came up soon after, the low E robothead tuner in the tronical tuner broke... stripped gear. Sweetwater themselves sent a replacement with FedEx and it's on route right now.

That was just because they had a spare in stock in their repair department. I was told Gibson stopped this tronical tuner business, and may not have in the future when others break.

I love this tronical thing, but it does require more care and every time i have to service it or change strings, i must read the manual for instructions. It's a complicated little computer there.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Just to update for any future persons who need the same help.

I contacted Gibson via their inline email chat on their help page.

After a few weeks, and some back and forth questioning, they sent me the screw FedEx under warranty.

2nd issue came up soon after, the low E robothead tuner in the tronical tuner broke... stripped gear. Sweetwater themselves sent a replacement with FedEx and it's on route right now.

That was just because they had a spare in stock in their repair department. I was told Gibson stopped this tronical tuner business, and may not have in the future when others break.

I love this tronical thing, but it does require more care and every time i have to service it or change strings, i must read the manual for instructions. It's a complicated little computer there.

Thanks for all the help guys.

good update..

but really,, this is harder for you than it should be given the cost of these things. good luck moving forward!

btw.. Gibson dropped out of the contract with Tronical when they went into protection, Tronical responded with a 50 mill dollar law suit. So yea,, that went well!

Indeed. "protection" shielded Gibson from some 53 million owed them guys over a period of years. They had no choice but to sue in order to not lose 93 cents of every dollar Gibson owed them.

It's a shame how hard business has been for Gibson and how easy it has been for everyone else. Tronical don't need the money, right?

Lost Allen Nut is a great band name.

rct

Indeed. "protection" shielded Gibson from some 53 million owed them guys over a period of years. They had no choice but to sue in order to not lose 93 cents of every dollar Gibson owed them.

It's a shame how hard business has been for Gibson and how easy it has been for everyone else. Tronical don't need the money, right?

Lost Allen Nut is a great band name.

rct

yea no kidding, a small company there, and that could be enough to close the doors, or at the least send half the work force to the layoff lines.

What with the whole too big to fail mentality, its no wonder right?

Gotta love corp America. I am like you looking at the reality of retiring with in the next handful of circles around the sun.. I hope to hold on as long as needed then just ride off into the sunset. honestly, it's not like anyone would miss any of us.

yea no kidding, a small company there, and that could be enough to close the doors, or at the least send half the work force to the layoff lines.

What with the whole too big to fail mentality, its no wonder right?

Gotta love corp America. I am like you looking at the reality of retiring with in the next handful of circles around the sun.. I hope to hold on as long as needed then just ride off into the sunset. honestly, it's not like anyone would miss any of us.

Two weeks and two days for me. It is all at once the weirdest, strangest, one of the happiest things we've ever done putting those papers in. Mrs in a few months, after mine is all sorted. We can't believe this is happening.

rct

Two weeks and two days for me. It is all at once the weirdest, strangest, one of the happiest things we've ever done putting those papers in. Mrs in a few months, after mine is all sorted. We can't believe this is happening.

rct

Awesome.. Best wishes to you and your wife Ron

Enjoy the new journey man!

Archived