Gibson Brands Forums

I Couldn't Stop

MorrisrownSal

Hey Sal, that was really good! I would not have imagined an AJ sounding that nice fingerpicked. I always thought of it as a guitar for hard flat picking or strumming. Are the guitars behind you becoming jealous perhaps.

Would you mind elaborating a bit on how you hear the differences between the AJ and your other guitars?

Lars

Thanks guys...

Lars... the AJ has fatter tone than the J45 or 50. And it is surprisingly responsive to fingerpicking. I, like you, stereotyping the AJ has a bluegrass machine. I find it warm, and. Find that it is mellow when I want, and can boom too. It’s defintely been one of those “where you been all my life” discoveries for me. It’s terriffic.

A fine and balanced performance that shows how far you are with the f-picking now, , , and how magikal a thing it is to handle.

Liked the vocals too. Your voice is so significant and loaded with expression that I prefer it without the unison double-tracking (but U already know).

Harmony here and there works perfectos ^

My wish for X-mas : at least 3 verses of J.B. Sebastian's How Have You Been My Darling Children

, , , , and if that is beyond reach, an A/B between the AJ and the J-50.

A sock is on wall.

Archived