Gibson Brands Forums

Hope they're as good as people say...

Lord Summerisle

You have to be realistic with stuff like this. It cost $219, but then $219 gets you a lot more technology than the equivalent sum of money did 10 years go.

I live in small town, the next town over has a tiny music store with a very small collection of amps for sale, and I wasn't in the mood to start hitting the pawn shops or poring over Craigslist.

So, it's entirely an internet-researched purchase! I wanted a plug and play amp, no carting pedals around. Toss it in the back of my Jeep along with my guitar and plug and play once I get to where I'm going. I wanted something light, reliable, and which I don't have to mess with!

I'm not expecting sparkling Fender cleans. I also know to be very wary of retailers' demonstrations, but I guess this did help sell me on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRfBcKo_rIM

I'm a fan of the convenience factor of amps like this.

I have a v1 Mustang III, it does what it does, and it sounds pretty damn good.

Picked up a CODE 50 last year, very different in sound and operational aspects, but I like that one too. the bluetooth edit capabilities with an android or iOS device are pretty cool too

my tube amps do sound better, but these are a lot of fun to use, and offer lots of great sounds.

Good luck with the Boss, let us know how you are liking it.

I'm sold on Blackstar TVP modelling amps. I have a TVP 260 (2x12) that I can get pretty much any sound I want out of. The delay or the chorus (can't remember which) is substandard, but the tone itself...

They weren't kidding when they said you can shape the sound infinitely. It's crazy. Need more mid when the mid is on ten? Save the mid setting with a click, turn the knob to zero, recall the mid setting with a click. You now have 10 mid with the knob at zero. Want eleven? Just turn it up.

Archived