Gibson Brands Forums

One of those Waterloo guitars

blindboygrunt

Waterloos are fab!

I have 2 - an x braced and a L braced.

While the video above sounds ok, it is not much of a promotion for the use of a Waterloo Guitar. I mean, it is ok for strumming a few C and G and Am chords and the girl sings well and is pretty with a bit of scary hair, but.....

Here is Toby Walker unleashing a bit of Waterloo Guitar cool:

BluesKing777.

Waterloos are fab!

I have 2 - an x braced and a L braced.

While the video above sounds ok, it is not much of a promotion for the use of a Waterloo Guitar. I mean, it is ok for strumming a few C and G and Am chords and the girl sings well and is pretty with a bit of scary hair, but.....

Here is Toby Walker unleashing a bit of Waterloo Guitar cool:

BluesKing777.

Which of the two Waterloos you own do you prefer, BK? I have a BK L-00 - which Waterloo would be its best companion?

Which of the two Waterloos you own do you prefer, BK? I have a BK L-00 - which Waterloo would be its best companion?

I like both, CBP....while neither are anything like the BK except body size/dimensions, so you would need to try them. There is also an all mahogany version of the same model that I recently tried, very nice!

But in a pinch, the ladder braced WL-14L gets played more...sounds older than my vintage Gibsons and has the same great big V neck of my old 35 L50, which has about twice the wood as the BK... [mellow]

And the X braced WL-14X is maybe more like what I thought I was buying with my first BK....if that makes sense - a vintage toned small body.

BluesKing777.

1543204505[/url]' post='1964315']

i received my waterloo wl-12 a year ago today, and have spent many happy hours playing it, neglecting my other guitars. i have another waterloo on order, the wl-s deluxe. here is a quick diddy i just recorded on my wl-12

https://soundcloud.c...8/wl-12/s-pWOI7

You... have serious chops.

Great old time sound, that Loo

thanks sal- seems to me that most gibson lovers will find the waterloo line to be a natural extension.

Although countrybluespicker did not direct the question to me, i would suggest looking at all the specs on their website https://www.waterlooguitars.com/models/ and determining what may be the best choice. My first was a wl-14L which was really a crackerjack of a guitar, had "it" in spades, but the deep sharp V profile neck bit painfully into my thumbjoint (yeah i know flimsy me). So you may want to try before buy. Several of the models have identical body dimensions but different necks and bracing. They all have in common a 1 3/4" nut and 2 3/8" saddle string spacing, the latter of which i find to be a fingerpickers delight. One more really catches my eye, the wl-jk jumbo king in mahogany.

One last thing- i nave read posts on forums referring to v-necks and the "smaller" neck, which i find to be an erroneous description. The rounded alternative in waterloo line is not beefy but not thin- quite comfortable.

Archived