Gibson Brands Forums

Lost Allen Nut

npj-551

Cross-Posted in Gibson USA Forum

Help! I have lost the middle allen nut/screw for my 2017 Les Paul HP. It has a Titanium Zero Nut. It simply fell out while i was changing the strings and disappeared forever.

The nut is just being held by the strings. Is there a replacement to be found? I don't know the size of this allen screw, and i'm pretty sure it's a Gibson made part that can't be regularly found in a hardware. I have emailed Gibson customer service and no reply 4 weeks now.

Also, i don't live in USA/Canada, i'm in Trinidad and Tobago. So the hardwares aren't stocked or carry the stuff like Home Depot and Lowe's, etc.

See picture below. Middle allen screw missing. Need replacement. Thanks a lot for any help or suggestions.

P35YSRy.jpg

npj-551,

Believe it or not, the titanium nut will stay in place very nicely with no hardware whatsoever.

But if you like, I will hunt down the hardware for you and mail it to you, gratis.

It's good karma, and it's almost Christmas anyway.

Just PM me with a good mailing address.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update for any future persons who need the same help.

I contacted Gibson via their inline email chat on their help page.

After a few weeks, and some back and forth questioning, they sent me the screw FedEx under warranty.

2nd issue came up soon after, the low E robothead tuner in the tronical tuner broke... stripped gear. Sweetwater themselves sent a replacement with FedEx and it's on route right now.

That was just because they had a spare in stock in their repair department. I was told Gibson stopped this tronical tuner business, and may not have in the future when others break.

I love this tronical thing, but it does require more care and every time i have to service it or change strings, i must read the manual for instructions. It's a complicated little computer there.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Archived