Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Riviera P93

crust

Hey Crust, nice collection of Riviera Custom P93 guitars! I only have one, but I love it. Over the years, mine has been heavily modded with the only stock components now being the body, neck, Bigsby and pickguard.

The one remaining mod I am contemplating is to adjust the wiring to make it similar to the Epi Black Beauty 3 configuration. Even adjusting the pickup heights, I can't seem to get much differentiation in tone with the three volume controls and one master tone control configuration. The Black Beauty 3 goes with two volume and two tone controls and brings in the middle pickup with the bridge in the middle setting on the switch. I like the idea of having the bridge and neck pups with independent tone controls like with my Les Paul and SG, but then I would be giving up the ability of being able to mix the middle pup (RWRP) with the neck. Any thoughts?

2nuvZSb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Crust, nice collection of Riviera Custom P93 guitars! I only have one, but I love it. Over the years, mine has been heavily modded with the only stock components now being the body, neck, Bigsby and pickguard.

The one remaining mod I am contemplating is to adjust the wiring to make it similar to the Epi Black Beauty 3 configuration. Even adjusting the pickup heights, I can't seem to get much differentiation in tone with the three volume controls and one master tone control configuration. The Black Beauty 3 goes with two volume and two tone controls and brings in the middle pickup with the bridge in the middle setting on the switch. I like the idea of having the bridge and neck pups with independent tone controls like with my Les Paul and SG, but then I would be giving up the ability of being able to mix the middle pup (RWRP) with the neck. Any thoughts?

2nuvZSb.jpg

I leave things be, so I don't break anything, which I do, if I try to make something "better". msp_sad.gif

Archived