Gibson Brands Forums

Wildkat help please

olderthantime

Hi all, I have stripped down my Wildkat to give it a general service including frets etc but now I'm rebuilding I have two felt washers which I believe go under the Bigsby and the top retaining screws go through them. I have looked at far too many photos of the Wildkat, and I'm still not sure if they go under the Bigsby or under the strap buttons. Could some kind, helpful, knowledgable Wildkat owner confirm please ? Or, failing that, any Wildkat owner :)

Hi all, I have stripped down my Wildkat to give it a general service including frets etc but now I'm rebuilding I have two felt washers which I believe go under the Bigsby and the top retaining screws go through them. I have looked at far too many photos of the Wildkat, and I'm still not sure if they go under the Bigsby or under the strap buttons. Could some kind, helpful, knowledgable Wildkat owner confirm please ? Or, failing that, any Wildkat owner :)

If there are holes in the center, strap buttons.

No holes, Bigsby. Bigsby felt usually is sticky on the one side and doesn’t come off.

Archived