Gibson Brands Forums

Photoflame Epiphone ...

Revolution Six

Why Epiphone use photoflame on the top and on the back on the G400 ?

The nedium wood is very bad quality, have a look it' s awful !! [scared]

image_80.jpg

Really? You're gonna start this crap again? Things rolling along too well for you?

FYI the China Epi's have never done photo flame, that was only done on the Korea production G400's......

I found this used G400 in a local music store and couldn't stop playing it, so I bought it for $200. These China G400's are made from 3 blocks of mahogany with a mahogany veneer on the top and back, no flaming, an usually very well done. The China G400 is an unbelievably well made for the money and has a set neck.

Also the polyurethane finish will never "finish check", no more Nitro for me..

Since I don't use humbuckers I replaced them with GFS Mean 90's (I also have Dream 90's for it), added a Les Trem II and T-O-M roller bridge. So another $200 in parts with no regrets, I can't stop plying this thing..... :)

2vN2LFC.jpg

FYI the China Epi's have never done photo flame, that was only done on the Korea production G400's......

No Epi's ever used photo flame AFAIK. They've always used a veneer. The OP is just a sad French troll that is obsessed with going from forum to forum and bashing Epi's. He's been banned from several.

No Epi's ever used photo flame AFAIK. They've always used a veneer. The OP is just a sad French troll that is obsessed with going from forum to forum and bashing Epi's. He's been banned from several.

Partly correct, I had a couple of new Korea made G400's in the late 90's that "boasted" the photo flame veneer, a very thin veneer, interesting though they had almost the exact grain pattern on both guitars.. This didn't bother me, as they were great playing guitars for the money.....

Partly correct, I had a couple of new Korea made G400's in the late 90's that "boasted" the photo flame veneer, a very thin veneer, interesting though they had almost the exact grain pattern on both guitars.. This didn't bother me, as they were great playing guitars for the money.....

I think the lines are getting blurred here. "Photo flame" is simply a sticker whereas a flame maple veneer is actually wood, albeit very thin.

An other crap Epiphone^photoflame, incredible chinese job

Yes... Another great playing affordable guitar with a set neck... The G400 Pro....

POP_G400proCH.jpg

Whatever you want to call it the mahogany veneer is nicely done..

G400PRObody.jpg

The photo etched printed wood grain that Epiphone got a lot of flack for hasn't been done since the Korean production in the late 90's. As I mentioned earlier I had 2 of them that came from the NAMM show.. Note that most of the Korean SG's did not have the photo etched printed wood grain, it was an experiment in reducing production costs..

The China G400 body is all mahogany construction, no mystery wood like the early Cort Epiphones. The end result is that the current G400's are Killer...And, the lighter weight is quite a relief on your back after standing with a 10 lb Les Paul for hours.. :)

Poor chinese copy

I started playing the guitar in 62, when a guitar in my harem comes along that plays like this one does it doesn't matter that it was made in China, they seem to be building exceptional guitars these days... :)

p5nMo6m.jpg

FYI... I purchased the German Les Trem II through a French online distributor that had the best price and shipping. It only took 5 days to receive it from half way around the world in Hawaii.. :)

I found this used G400 in a local music store and couldn't stop playing it, so I bought it for $200. These China G400's are made from 3 blocks of mahogany with a mahogany veneer on the top and back, no flaming, an usually very well done. The China G400 is an unbelievably well made for the money and has a set neck.

Also the polyurethane finish will never "finish check", no more Nitro for me..

Since I don't use humbuckers I replaced them with GFS Mean 90's (I also have Dream 90's for it), added a Les Trem II and T-O-M roller bridge. So another $200 in parts with no regrets, I can't stop plying this thing..... :)

2vN2LFC.jpg

Nice guitar, the trem looks cool [thumbup]

• 1 month later...

Archived