Gibson Brands Forums

Redhead plays Masterbilt

Cougar

I'm up in the Idaho panhandle for an extended stay outfitting our new place to be a vacation rental (working a 1031 Exchange). We decided to take in a concert last night at the old Panida Theater in Sandpoint. Had never heard of the Redhead Express, of course. Four young ladies singing harmonies, playing guitar, fiddle, standup bass, and banjo. They were from the Sandpoint area, but they'd been touring for the past year. They were good. The lead lady was playing a rosewood DR500 Epiphone Masterbilt. msp_thumbup.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd72gpIQSZ4

They're good!! I have a Masterbilit AJ500M that I bought a few years ago, and couldn't be happier. Originally wanted a 500R, but waited too long, hence the "M". Still, it's a great guitar, and did I say they were good?

They're good!! I have a Masterbilit AJ500M that I bought a few years ago, and couldn't be happier.

Yeah, I had EF500s in rosewood, maple, and mahogany... and an AJ500RC. Great guitars all right. Wasn't it you who got me hooked on Guild 12-strings? Talk about great guitars! Alas, I used my Masterbilts to fund the guits listed below. Not too sorry about that since those are some super guitars!....

The last to go: Epiphone Masterbilt EF500RAVS....

mbt373.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cougar,

It was me that got you hooked on Guild 12 strings...

Right! Another Dennis! You mentioned you had (and praised) an F412, I think. I much appreciate you turning me on to Guilds! I did get an F412, but the jumbo JF30-12 I got earlier was actually better (it has the same arched maple lam back as a 412, 17" lower bout, and ebony fretboard, just a little less bling, spectacular 12-string!). Then I lucked into a jumbo F50R 6-string. Wow! That takes care of my 6- and 12-string needs totally! (OK, I did get a 2018 Gibson Songwriter 12-string, you know, for alternate tunings. rolleyes.gif And I guess the Martin 12-string has taken over the "campfire" duties from the Epiphone 12-string.) So I'm all good! msp_wink.gif

Archived