Gibson Brands Forums

Always Gonna Be You

rbpicker

This is a cover of a Kenny Chesney song, Always Gonna Be You. The song is performed by a friend of mine, with whom I've played music for about 15 years. He is a very talented singer/performer.

I know this forum features members, but I thought this was pretty special and that you all might enjoy it. I'll remove it if it violates a forum rule.

Hope you enjoy it.

This is a really nice recording thank you for posting.

I am interested in the video and how you did it. I would be grateful

for your advise.

This is a cover of a Kenny Chesney song, Always Gonna Be You. The song is performed by a friend of mine, with whom I've played music for about 15 years. He is a very talented singer/performer.

I know this forum features members, but I thought this was pretty special and that you all might enjoy it. I'll remove it if it violates a forum rule.

Hope you enjoy it.

Fretplay, the video was inserted by my buddy, who performed the song. I’m not sure where it was taken. The video wasn’t intended for public display or publishing, necessarily, so it might be some stock footage he came across. Next time I see him, I’ll ask.

He did the song as a tribute to his late wife, who passed several months ago, of cancer. His way of dealing with the grief that still remains. He is a very gentle soul.

Roger

Thanks Roger I would be grateful to hear from you. I have been building videos to go with my recordings and using static images, the moving picture your friend did is excellent I would like to do that.

Fretplay, the video was inserted by my buddy, who performed the song. I'm not sure where it was taken. The video wasn't intended for public display or publishing, necessarily, so it might be some stock footage he came across. Next time I see him, I'll ask.

He did the song as a tribute to his late wife, who passed several months ago, of cancer. His way of dealing with the grief that still remains. He is a very gentle soul.

Roger

Drathbun, the guitar he’s using is one of the newer Taylor Academy series...the dread, I think. Eric is a very talented player and can make anything sound great. He keeps his nails a little longer than most, and gets some good tone using that approach.

I haven’t seen his recording setup in a few years, but I think he was using some Cubase equipment at one time, through a pretty decent mic. He is a computer programmer by trade, so he understands how to set up stuff like that. Way beyond my grasp.

Most of all, he is a true talent.. I think he could have made it in the biz given the right breaks and management.

Roger

Archived