Gibson Brands Forums: Revolution Six abusing this site? - Gibson Brands Forums

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Revolution Six abusing this site?

Poll: Revolution Six abusing this site? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Ban Revolution Six from posting on this site

1. Yes (22 votes [81.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 81.48%

2. No (5 votes [18.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 User is offline   mihcmac 

• Salvation A La Mode and a LP TV
  • Group: All Access
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:55 PM

Once again Rev The troll from froggy land is up to old snobby tricks in Epiphone country... Please share you opinions on the subject..
P-90's Rule.. Posted ImagePosted Image . But not for everyone...

#42 User is offline   Matt4356 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationWolverhampton

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:49 PM

Supersonic, on 02 December 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

Posted Image

Here's a bump to remind people what the troll considers good workmanship.
This is his Gibson lp that HE cut and glued PAPER binding to. Obviously not the bit on the fret board the been drawn on the photo but the binding around the body he genuinely did himself then proudly showed off in the USA board.

Don't listen to him, he obviously has no idea.

#43 User is offline   Yorgle 

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:34 PM

I'm relatively new to the forum and up to now I've found Rev6 single-mindedness somewhat amusing, so I've held off on complaining. But his recent slew of pointless posts has me wondering if potentially valuable new members aren't being turned away by his disturbing fetish with veneer. Someone looking at this forum for the first time seeking information or discussion about Epiphone isn't going to be very impressed if 4 out of the 5 most recent posts are just troll droppings. So, yes, I say he should be banned. And may all his finishes in life turn out to be photoflame!

#44 User is offline   tweed2 

• "Official Forum Member"
  • LocationThe Hills of the Other Washington

Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:35 PM

Ya, I just don't get how someone could get so much satisfaction out of trolling. I mean, last I checked, his "Bad" rating was over 600, almost as high as the number of posts he's done. That's kinda messed up....
Bonafied, certified,

J P Patches Pal

#45 User is offline   Yorgle 

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:25 PM

On second thought, as an alternative to outright banishment, perhaps the moderator could set up a locked thread just for Rev 6's posts. Kinda like a glass jail cell where he could rant and rave all he wants about Epiphone, the Chinese, and veneer.

#46 User is offline   cody78 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:16 PM

Yorgle, on 19 February 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

And may all his finishes in life turn out to be photoflame!

Funniest comment I've seen today [laugh]

#47 User is offline   Pinch 

• Advanced Member

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:19 AM

tweed2, on 19 February 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

Ya, I just don't get how someone could get so much satisfaction out of trolling. I mean, last I checked, his "Bad" rating was over 600, almost as high as the number of posts he's done. That's kinda messed up....

Look up autism.

#48 User is offline   mihcmac 

• LocationHawaii

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:38 PM

Rev is back on the attack again after a day peace... I guess he just doesn't get that we don't want him here..

If you are logged in you can see his Reputation by clicking on this link...

#49 User is offline   Big Bill 

• Stink Finger Willie

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:29 AM

Pinch, on 20 February 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

Look up autism.

I find it obvious.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson ES 339 Memphis
Gretsch 2655 Streamliner
Fender American Performer Stratocaster
Fender 60s Baja Telecaster
Fender 12 String Acoustic
Fender Jazz Bass 1975 Reissue
Hofner Limited Edition Ed Sullivan Ignition Violin Bass
Seagull Excursion Grand Acoustic

#50 User is offline   brad1 

• Resident Tin Whacker
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:49 AM

Pinch, on 20 February 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

Look up autism.

It has nothing to do with autism.
I'm a Sp. Ed. Teacher. I work with kids that have autism.
Your comment gives folks the wrong idea of what autism is.

I think you need to look it up yourself. 🙂
Rev. 6 shows no signs of autism.
Quite the opposite.
Life's Distractions/Pleasures:
Guitars: 2006 Epiphone Ebony G400, 1997 Epiphone Cherry SG Junior, 2007 Epiphone Cherry Dot, 1996 Fender Black MIM Traditional Stratocaster, 2008 VM Squier Olympic White SSH Telecaster, 2011 Jackson Gun Metal Gray JS32R Dinky (FR), 2014 Gibson Fireburst Satin SGJ, 2014 Epiphone Wildkat, 2015 Xaviere XV-500 Trans. Green, 2015 Red Flamed G&L Ascari GTS, 2016 Lake Placid Blue Fender Standard Telecaster, 2016 Gibson T LP Studio Faded Fireburst,2017 Fender Standard Plus Top HSS Tobacco Burst, 2018 Hamer Special Jr. Natural, 1985 George Washburn Dreadnought, 2014 Washburn WD10 SCE Acoustic/Electric, 2005 Ibanez Trans-Blue Burst GSR200 FM Bass
Amps:
VOX AD30VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Orange Micro Terror, Peavey ValveKing II MicroHead , Quilter Toneblock 200, Hughes & Kettner Tubmeister 18 Head, ENGL Gig Master 15 watt head, Bugera Infinium V22,Marshall Code 25, Acoustic B15 Bass Combo, Acoustic B100 Bass Combo, Cabs: Bugera 112TS, Peavey 112, Hughs & Kettner TM110, Orange PPC108

Drums: 1976 Ludwig 5 Piece Butcher Block, 2015 Roland TD- 1KV, Remo 12-inch Djembe, bongos, maracas, and a multitude of other percussion instruments.

#51 User is offline   kidblast 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:52 AM

brad1, on 21 February 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

Quite the opposite.

Truth...
/Ray

#52 User is offline   Yorgle 

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:57 AM

Quite the opposite.

I'm sure Pinch meant no offense to your students, but I agree with your point. From your experience, how would you approach educating someone with an unhealthy obsession with veneer? Can it actually be done?

#53 User is offline   Big Bill 

• Stink Finger Willie

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:20 AM

Quite the opposite.

Brad, being a father of a child with autism (Aspergers) I do see some signs. Especially with the antisocial behavior and the fixation with Epiphones being copies and "photo flame". If he is in the spectrum, it appears that his issues may have been ignored and he was not placed with a teacher like yourself that could teach him how to behave socially. We do not know how old Rev 6 is, but if he is in his mid to late 30s and his parents didn't do there job properly, he probably has never been diagnosed and left to do what he does.

I'm not a teacher like yourself, but a Dad that is very active with his special needs child and took the time to educate himself. I also know that it takes a very special person to do the job you do and I applaud Special Ed teaches for what they do, its a very difficult job. Thanks Brad for being there for those children. Posted Image
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson ES 339 Memphis
Gretsch 2655 Streamliner

#54 User is offline   brad1 

• Resident Tin Whacker
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:49 AM

Big Bill, on 21 February 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

Brad, being a father of a child with autism (Aspergers) I do see some signs. Especially with the antisocial behavior and the fixation with Epiphones being copies and "photo flame". If he is in the spectrum, it appears that his issues may have been ignored and he was not placed with a teacher like yourself that could teach him how to behave socially. We do not know how old Rev 6 is, but if he is in his mid to late 30s and his parents didn't do there job properly, he probably has never been diagnosed and left to do what he does.

I'm not a teacher like yourself, but a Dad that is very active with his special needs child and took the time to educate himself. I also know that it takes a very special person to do the job you do and I applaud Special Ed teaches for what they do, its a very difficult job. Thanks Brad for being there for those children. Posted Image

I think people that do what he is doing are seeking some kind of emotional payoff from it. As you know, this does not fit most on the spectrum.
Most with autism do not have emotions play into their fixations as such.
I have also worked with adults who are autistic. My classroom aid is a 59 year old male who has autism himself.

I don't see a person who has autism as someone who would be a troll, or who would get any sort of pleasure in doing what Rev. 6 is doing. To me, that kind of person is someone who has more of a neurosis or worse. It could be something to do with obsessive or compulsive type of behavior as well. But I am not a psychologist.

And of course....I could be completely wrong. This is just my own opinion.

Thanks for the kind words about my job.
And you are welcome!
It is pretty tough sometimes. :)
Life's Distractions/Pleasures:
Guitars: 2006 Epiphone Ebony G400, 1997 Epiphone Cherry SG Junior, 2007 Epiphone Cherry Dot, 1996 Fender Black MIM Traditional Stratocaster, 2008 VM Squier Olympic White SSH Telecaster, 2011 Jackson Gun Metal Gray JS32R Dinky (FR), 2014 Gibson Fireburst Satin SGJ, 2014 Epiphone Wildkat, 2015 Xaviere XV-500 Trans. Green, 2015 Red Flamed G&L Ascari GTS, 2016 Lake Placid Blue Fender Standard Telecaster, 2016 Gibson T LP Studio Faded Fireburst,2017 Fender Standard Plus Top HSS Tobacco Burst, 2018 Hamer Special Jr. Natural, 1985 George Washburn Dreadnought, 2014 Washburn WD10 SCE Acoustic/Electric, 2005 Ibanez Trans-Blue Burst GSR200 FM Bass
Amps:
VOX AD30VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Orange Micro Terror, Peavey ValveKing II MicroHead , Quilter Toneblock 200, Hughes & Kettner Tubmeister 18 Head, ENGL Gig Master 15 watt head, Bugera Infinium V22,Marshall Code 25, Acoustic B15 Bass Combo, Acoustic B100 Bass Combo, Cabs: Bugera 112TS, Peavey 112, Hughs & Kettner TM110, Orange PPC108

Drums: 1976 Ludwig 5 Piece Butcher Block, 2015 Roland TD- 1KV, Remo 12-inch Djembe, bongos, maracas, and a multitude of other percussion instruments.

#55 User is offline   'Scales 

• Lurking at the threshold
  • Locationpeace

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:20 PM

Big Bill, on 21 February 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

Same situation here Bill...fun ain't it, but I think we can do without it becoming a default diagnosis for someone who may just be knob, and maybe in his country the boundaries of what is considered funny may be different (though I'm going with the former). We use a special ed school and indeed they do a great job! [thumbup]
we had longer ways to go, but no matter, the road is life.

#56 User is offline   Big Bill 

• Stink Finger Willie

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:31 PM

Well, for whatever reason, he's a pain in the arse. Posted Image Especially when somebody comes on excited about a new guitar they purchased.

I'm going to continue to ignore him.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson ES 339 Memphis
Gretsch 2655 Streamliner

#57 User is offline   mihcmac 

• LocationHawaii

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:57 PM

I have a nephew with autism, he is in his twenties now and has been on many different trial med programs. My girl friend is a substitute teacher and frequently fills in with Special Ed classes, it can be very difficult for everyone involved, my hat is off to all who have the skills to help..

It is a shame that Rev doesn't seem to have the moral fiber to behave himself and cause us frustration to point where we may say things that are offensive other members.

#58 User is offline   kidblast 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:58 PM

Big Bill, on 21 February 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

Well, for whatever reason, he's a pain in the arse. Posted Image Especially when somebody comes on excited about a new guitar they purchased.

thattaboy..

where's the dead horse pic??
/Ray

#59 User is offline   'Scales 

• Lurking at the threshold
  • Locationpeace

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:12 PM

Big Bill, on 21 February 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

Yeah man, and hey, the spectrum is wide and mysterious, but I've not known it to manifest itself in the inflicting of sh!tty fake binding on Les Pauls [scared]
we had longer ways to go, but no matter, the road is life.

#60 User is offline   mihcmac 

• LocationHawaii

Posted 03 March 2019 - 12:26 PM

Looks like the unwelcome troll just can't behave herself. But I think I will go and undo her red flag damage as much as possible... [flapper]

Hmmm I see mr anonymous is trolling at this moment....

This post has been edited by mihcmac: 03 March 2019 - 12:41 PM

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users