Gibson Brands Forums: Howdy from Austin TX - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Howdy from Austin TX

#1 User is offline   MarkG454 

• Group: All Access

Posted 28 November 2018 - 11:48 AM

I'm a longtime guitar enthusiast and a longtime central Texan. Six years ago, I purchased a Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty from a work colleague. He was not aware of the history of this guitar other than it was once played by the guitarist in the Austin band called KFDM (Kill F**king Depeche Mode). The headstock has obvious repair (it looks like the headstock was snapped off). I've come to this forum to get help determining the year/make/model of this guitar.

It is a joy to play although it is extremely heavy on the shoulders.

#2 User is offline   tx-ogre 

• Pup Tentacle
  • LocationIn My Excentrifugal Forz

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:42 PM

Welcome aboard from a fellow Austin area member. As far as info in your LP, you might want to contact Gibson Customer Support (http://www.gibson.co...er-Service.aspx). I have contacted them on a couple of occasions and they were very helpful.

This post has been edited by tx-ogre: 29 November 2018 - 06:54 PM

#3 User is offline   FemmeParallell 

• Advanced Member

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:52 AM

Welcome! i used to listen to KMFDM when i was a youngster, you should show us a picture or two hehe
Posted Image

View PostMarkG454, on 28 November 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

I'm a longtime guitar enthusiast and a longtime central Texan. Six years ago, I purchased a Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty from a work colleague. He was not aware of the history of this guitar other than it was once played by the guitarist in the Austin band called KFDM (Kill F**king Depeche Mode). The headstock has obvious repair (it looks like the headstock was snapped off). I've come to this forum to get help determining the year/make/model of this guitar.

It is a joy to play although it is extremely heavy on the shoulders.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users