Gibson Brands Forums

Help with identification of LP lookalike

bahookie

Hello, new member here. I recently came across the pictured guitar (serial # A0100150), and am trying to figure out what it is. Diligent internet research led me here, because several years ago there was a thread about a similar guitar (search for A0100148 will find the thread). I've been told it's an Epiphone, but if so, why the Gibson logos on the headstock? The logos are not pearl inlays, they appear to be gold decals. Also the 3-screw truss rod cover should be a dead giveaway. I'm not interested in buying this guitar, but would love to know for sure what it is. Any help appreciated.

post-96906-061452800 1543432770_thumb.jpg

post-96906-068763100 1543432784_thumb.jpg

post-96906-012089900 1543432797_thumb.jpg

post-96906-003134400 1543432809_thumb.jpg

post-96906-016219900 1543432820_thumb.jpg

Endeavoring to fix the pedigree of a counterfeit guitar is much akin to looking up the ancestry of a Seoul, Korea prostitute, friend bahookie.

Not much point in it.

It's a fake.

Not a bad looking fake, but unless somebody were to sell it for a hundred bucks (admitting freely that it's a fraud), I would steer clear of it.

[mellow]

A fake. Nuff said. You spent way to much time pondering a POS fake.

Thanks FZ, but I've actually enjoyed the exercise of researching this guitar, and along the way have learned a lot about Gibson fakes. So perhaps time not entirely mis-spent. I can say that given my limited musical skills and knowledge, this guitar plays very nicely, and sounds a lot better through my Roland Micro Cube than does my $150 Squier Telecaster knockoff :D But as previously mentioned, I won't be buying it, mainly because it belongs to a friend, and it's not for sale.

I'd still love to know the address of the Seoul working girl whose phone number is on the headstock :D

Endeavoring to fix the pedigree of a counterfeit guitar is much akin to looking up the ancestry of a Seoul, Korea prostitute, friend bahookie.

Not much point in it.

It's a fake.

Not a bad looking fake, but unless somebody were to sell it for a hundred bucks (admitting freely that it's a fraud), I would steer clear of it.

[mellow]

Thank you Sparq for your prompt and wise response. I won't be buying it, but for the time being am rather enjoying playing it!

Archived