Gibson Brands Forums: HNGD And a question.... - Gibson Brands Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HNGD And a question.... 2018 LP Standard Blood Orange

#1 User is offline   jaygl 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 532
  • Joined: 28-April 11

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:40 AM

Hey all, I'm loving my new 2018 LP Standard! Very resonant guitar with tons of bite. I have a question about the poker chip installation. The top ring wouldn't thread onto the switch pole so when I opened the toggle switch cavity I found a metal washer there. I took the washer off and was then able to thread the toggle top ring. I have never noticed a washer on the toggle switch on the inside before...is this to compensate for the lack of plastic washer (depth wise) as the guitar comes from the factory?.... and, are there any ill effects from removing it? Also I noticed the toggle switch itself (threaded sleeve) doesn't stick up through to the top but sit flush with the body on the inside of the cavity....normal? Thanks in advance for any insight.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by jaygl: 06 December 2018 - 08:43 AM

2

#2 User is offline   Black Dog 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 925
  • Joined: 15-December 15

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:35 AM

Nice Les Paul!

You are correct about the toggle switch washer. it is there as a spacer to compensate for no chip. And yes, the nut has a the threaded collar that goes down inside the opening so the threads don't need to stick up above the surface.
0

#3 User is offline   jaygl 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 532
  • Joined: 28-April 11

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:38 AM

View PostBlack Dog, on 06 December 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

Nice Les Paul!

You are correct about the toggle switch washer. it is there as a spacer to compensate for no chip. And yes, the nut has a the threaded collar that goes down inside the opening so the threads don't need to stick up above the surface.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've never noticed a washer in there before and just wanted to make sure that by removing it I wouldn't risk damaging the guitar. And the pic i posted doesn't do the awesome flame top justice at all....will take and post some better pics soon.

This post has been edited by jaygl: 06 December 2018 - 09:40 AM

0

#4 User is offline   kidblast 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 10117
  • Joined: 29-March 12
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:55 AM

Congrats..
she's purrrdy…
/Ray
0

#5 User is offline   NighthawkChris 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 660
  • Joined: 17-July 17

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:39 PM

Awesome guitar man! Looks great and I like the poker chip Posted Image Enjoy for many years to come!
0

#6 User is offline   Wild Bill 212 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 249
  • Joined: 07-June 16
  • LocationN E USA/S E ASIA

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:02 PM

View Postjaygl, on 06 December 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

Hey all, I'm loving my new 2018 LP Standard! Very resonant guitar with tons of bite. I have a question about the poker chip installation. The top ring wouldn't thread onto the switch pole so when I opened the toggle switch cavity I found a metal washer there. I took the washer off and was then able to thread the toggle top ring. I have never noticed a washer on the toggle switch on the inside before...is this to compensate for the lack of plastic washer (depth wise) as the guitar comes from the factory?.... and, are there any ill effects from removing it? Also I noticed the toggle switch itself (threaded sleeve) doesn't stick up through to the top but sit flush with the body on the inside of the cavity....normal? Thanks in advance for any insight.

Posted Image


Congratulations ! "HOW SWEET IT IS !!!", I can tell the Flamed-top is not given justice by this picture, must be nicer ! WTF kinda name for a colour is 'BLOOD ORANGE' ? That sounds like something only a Guy like Henry J (a Man that has proven he can **** UP really Cool things) could have made up!
0

#7 User is offline   american cheez 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 1133
  • Joined: 19-April 14

Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:38 PM

View PostWild Bill 212, on 07 December 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

Congratulations ! "HOW SWEET IT IS !!!", I can tell the Flamed-top is not given justice by this picture, must be nicer ! WTF kinda name for a colour is 'BLOOD ORANGE' ? That sounds like something only a Guy like Henry J (a Man that has proven he can **** UP really Cool things) could have made up!


never eaten a blood orange? they're DELICIOUS!

i agree though, it's a sweet guitar
yakuni tatanai
0

#8 User is offline   Leonard McCoy 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 447
  • Joined: 27-October 15

Posted 08 December 2018 - 04:25 AM

It looks gorgeous. I can always dig a red-colored Les Paul.
2009 Gibson Les Paul Standard Ebony (Left-handed)
2004 Fender 50th Anniversary American Deluxe Stratocaster (gold hardware, left-handed)
2002 Gibson "Goldtone" GA-15RV
1990 Ovation Legend L717 (A-bracing)

Finely transcribed Cat Stevens Guitar Tabs (fan project)

"Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history
was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now."—Jol Dantzig, founder of Hamer Guitars
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users