Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD And a question....

jaygl

Hey all, I'm loving my new 2018 LP Standard! Very resonant guitar with tons of bite. I have a question about the poker chip installation. The top ring wouldn't thread onto the switch pole so when I opened the toggle switch cavity I found a metal washer there. I took the washer off and was then able to thread the toggle top ring. I have never noticed a washer on the toggle switch on the inside before...is this to compensate for the lack of plastic washer (depth wise) as the guitar comes from the factory?.... and, are there any ill effects from removing it? Also I noticed the toggle switch itself (threaded sleeve) doesn't stick up through to the top but sit flush with the body on the inside of the cavity....normal? Thanks in advance for any insight.

239c6eef-35ca-48fd-91d7-2b5f7b5a5a62_zps5lagbebt.jpg

Nice Les Paul!

You are correct about the toggle switch washer. it is there as a spacer to compensate for no chip. And yes, the nut has a the threaded collar that goes down inside the opening so the threads don't need to stick up above the surface.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've never noticed a washer in there before and just wanted to make sure that by removing it I wouldn't risk damaging the guitar. And the pic i posted doesn't do the awesome flame top justice at all....will take and post some better pics soon.

Hey all, I'm loving my new 2018 LP Standard! Very resonant guitar with tons of bite. I have a question about the poker chip installation. The top ring wouldn't thread onto the switch pole so when I opened the toggle switch cavity I found a metal washer there. I took the washer off and was then able to thread the toggle top ring. I have never noticed a washer on the toggle switch on the inside before...is this to compensate for the lack of plastic washer (depth wise) as the guitar comes from the factory?.... and, are there any ill effects from removing it? Also I noticed the toggle switch itself (threaded sleeve) doesn't stick up through to the top but sit flush with the body on the inside of the cavity....normal? Thanks in advance for any insight.

239c6eef-35ca-48fd-91d7-2b5f7b5a5a62_zps5lagbebt.jpg

Congratulations ! "HOW SWEET IT IS !!!", I can tell the Flamed-top is not given justice by this picture, must be nicer ! WTF kinda name for a colour is 'BLOOD ORANGE' ? That sounds like something only a Guy like Henry J (a Man that has proven he can **** UP really Cool things) could have made up!

Congratulations ! "HOW SWEET IT IS !!!", I can tell the Flamed-top is not given justice by this picture, must be nicer ! WTF kinda name for a colour is 'BLOOD ORANGE' ? That sounds like something only a Guy like Henry J (a Man that has proven he can **** UP really Cool things) could have made up!

never eaten a blood orange? they're DELICIOUS!

i agree though, it's a sweet guitar

Archived